Saturday Soaps

Brenda

Made a couple of soaps yesterday. Nothing fancy, but tried a couple of NG scents I've been wanting to soap.

Here's what happened to the lovely emerald green mica when I swirled the top of Watercress & Aloe with it:

Watercress_and_Aloe.jpg

Smells good though; a nice clean, "green" smelling scent and look how nice and white this FO leaves the soap (2 tsp TD in 126 oz. of oils).

NG Lemon Sugar (mixed with a third part lemon EO):

Lemon_Drop.jpg

Looks better in person. It has a slight shimmer to the surface from the mica I put in, but you can't see it in the photo. The jury's still out on the scent. I'm hoping it mellows a bit while curing. I like the way it left my hands smelling, but not the scent as I sniffed the bar. Seemed a little too artificial even with the EO I included. :undecided

Here's an application of the Very Coral mica combined with the Hot Pink mica from the coop. Doesn't leave much color on the lips, but does leave a shimmer! I also used the Metallic Pearl Honey Tan in a caramel balm - it's nice as well. This was fun to experiment with - a lot of color from a tiny amount of mica.

Cherry_Shimmer.jpg

Maybe I can make some Emerald Green St. Patrick's Day mint lip balm? :cheesy2: I'm going to use that pretty green mica somehow! :o

Nice job on the soaps Brenda. If you are looking for a good lemon, the Lemonheads from Serendipity Scents is nice, smells like the candy. I have some Lemon A Peel on the way from OT that I am going to try as well. I know what you mean about the artificial lemon smel, have been through a lot of lemons to find a decent one.