How Much will you pay for a good scent?

bugtussle

I pour about 80 different scents including fall & Christmas. My least expensive are some of BCN closeouts @ 8.99/#. My hugh-end are about $20.00/#. I have a hard time paying anymore than that for scents. That is why WSP has me so bothered. Many of them have gone up to over $27.00/#. I buy from BCN, BCS, Lone Star, Taylored Concepts and WSP. How much do you'll pay???:confused:

My most expensive FO is $20.95 a pound which is Patchouli from Tristate. I will not use any other Patch...but I always order at leat 3lbs at a time so I get $2 off ea pound. Other than that one I will not pay over $19 a pound. That is why I refuse to order from places like Candle Caccoon. Their scents are great but I can get just as good from Tristate, Peak and Just Scent....and a FEW from BCN.... and not effect my profit margin IMO.

I pour about 80 different scents including fall & Christmas. My least expensive are some of BCN closeouts @ 8.99/#. My hugh-end are about $20.00/#. I have a hard time paying anymore than that for scents. That is why WSP has me so bothered. Many of them have gone up to over $27.00/#. I buy from BCN, BCS, Lone Star, Taylored Concepts and WSP. How much do you'll pay???:confused:
For a fine FO I'd pay $35 to $40/lb if that was the kind of thing I needed. There's huge variation in strength and quality in any price range and some things are great as $15/lb candle scents. It just isn't that expensive to formulate a good strong creme brulee if that's what you need. But to some extent you also get what you pay for. Double the price and you are often getting much stronger concentrations and more sophisticated formulations.

I have paid 30+ for a FO but have since cut it out of my line. It just isn't cost-effective for me to do that. For soaping there are some 25 dollar FOs that I use, though.

What I did was find the average, w/shipping on all the FOs I use and it came to 1.40/lb. So that is how I calculate my prices - by using that average.

My prices have been creeping up lately since I'm soaping more than I'm chandling. My most expensive scents go into soap - the most expensive FO is $32/#, the most expensive EO is $39/#. In candles they average around $20.

When I do my costs for candles I use $1.50/#, when I do it for B&B I use $2.25/#.

Pretty much $18-$19 is the most I'll pay. I've tried some more expensive "supposedly" stronger (use less) FO and I didn't find that to be the case. Not worth it.

I think Peaks Amish Harvest and Pink Sugar are two of my most expensive FO's at the moment...