Different Tart Textures?

I have been using a parafin preblended wax with wounderful results. No problems with cold/hot throw or anything.... My question is...

I have visited two other "tart makers" and their tarts look totally different than mine and I can't for the life of me find a recipe to make mine look the way theirs do! Mine are shiny all over and have bright vivid colors.

Theirs kinda look like the texture of fiber glass. Kinda country and creamy colored. Whats the secret? Anyone know?

Mine have a different texture.Unique and pretty from what people say.I use a soy pillar/votive blend.The tarts have a starburst look.

I am going to start mixing my 100% soy wax(softer) with my pillar and see what they look like.See if I get a better throw on some.My tarts are strong smelling but a few I tested weren't as strong as I want them.Am thinking mixing the 2 might help the milder scents.

I could do a 50/50 blend soy and paraffin but don't want to work with the blocks.My soy and pillar blend are flakes.Will be interesting to see if they take the smooth look or the starburst look.

LynnS