M&P Soap in wooden mold

jdscreations

• 2 months later...

I tried this last night. I made a 1 lb test batch of M&P, poured it into my brand new 1 lb. wooden soap mold. I lined it with plastic. Woke up this morning and couldn't get the soap out! Apparently, some of the soap seeped through the corners of the plastic. I did manage to pry it out but now I need to know, how do you clean a wooden soap mold? Can you soak them in water? Seems like it would cause the wood to swell. Oh, the soap was a flop.

I line my wood mold with freezer paper (shiny side up).

The very first time I used a wood mold I didn't have it properly aligned, but I didn't realize it. I poured all of my m&p in the mold and went about my business. I returned later and saw m&p all over the place--all over the counter top, down the sides of my cabinet, and on my kitchen floor. I wanted to cry looking at the mess I created that I thought would take forever to clean up.

It was easy as pie to clean up though. It basically peeled off of everything without much effort, so I thanked my lucky stars for that. Any residue left on my mold was easily scraped off by taking one piece of the mold and scraping it against the other. If your mold doesn't break apart you could also use a knife or spoon to scrape it off. I never wash my mold to get rid of soap.