Where do you park?

Georgia

Where do you park at a show?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you park at a show?

• As close as I can - those boxes are heavy!
    • I unload by the door then just pick a spot somewhere.
    • I unload and move to the farthest corner of the parking lot.

I overheard a fellow crafter yesterday at the show and she was saying how she got there later than she had anticipated, but it was OK because she still got a parking space right by the door. It would make packing up so much easier.

I always unload my car, then move it as far away from the door as possible. I want prime spots for customers....how about you?

It's common courtesy to leave the close parking for the customers. And many of my fairs *require* it - if the promoter figures it out, they will ask you to move your car in the middle of the day. And if you whine (without any specialty circumstances of course), you aren't asked back.

All the shows I do have vendor parking. The outdoor one I go to allows us to park behind our booth. I park there.

The other one I do, we have to unload and leave. So I park somewhere nearby. One of the reasons I do not park 3 miles away is because this prevents me from leaving my booth unattended for too long while I get my vehicle for loading/unloading. But it is not like there is inadequate parking or anything either.

My indoor shows where we have vendor parking, we can unload at the dock, and then go repark in out vendor lot.

I move my vehicle as soon as I am finished unloading. I believe it is very rude and disrespectful of the other crafters/vendors at the show. And customers don't like to park far away.

But believe it or not, every show that I have done there is always some vendor being a "stinker."

I always park far away from the entrance, but there's always gotta be someone that just doesn't get it. Perhaps it's a lack of thinking ahead, or thinking about someone other than themselves, I dunno. These are probably the same people that sit and read behind their table all day and then bitch and whine that they didn't do well.... grrr.