Its hurting!! The time of the year

RXCMAS

I Have Tried, Whipped Shea Butters, Eucerine, And Nothing Is Working For My Eczema. Who Has The Lotion That Might Help My Case?

My husband uses hydrocortizone cream. It's otc at 1% but it can be prescribed at 2% if needed. He says it helps a lot. I've read that calendula oil, chamomile, oatmeal ect. can help. But I would go to a doctor first.

When mine flares up (crossing fingers it won't be anytime soon:D ) I end up getting a perscription for Protopic, it is non-steroid and I love it...when I have to use it. I hope you find something that will calm it down, it is such a drag to have:awww: .

I lifted this from the recipe section under "Henry's Owie Keem Eczema Balm" by Daniedb. HTH:D

Eczema Balm

30 g unrefined shea butter

10 g avocado butter

15 g wheat germ oil

15 g emu oil

10 g borage oil

10 g evening primrose oil

30 g soy wax flakes

3 g Vitamin E

Melt butters and wax together until liquid. Heat oils to approximately 110*. Add oils and butter/wax mixture together between 100-110*. Mix together thoroughly. Add Vitamin E and mix again. I use a mixer to whip it as it cools, as if it were whipped shea, but keep in mind that it's intended to be balm consistency, so it won't whip high.

If you prefer b/w, add sub it for the soy by 1/2 amount: 15 g for this amount. I package it in 2 oz containers to sell, but I have it in an 8 ounce container for Henry at home, a little goes a loooooong way.

quote.gif

You know, any lotion will have preservative in it. Unless you make it yourself, keep in the fridge and use within a week.

Have you tried salves? I make Emu healing salve (around 30% of emu), and several people with eczema reported it worked great for them. Emu straight up would most likely work too, but if you mix it with other oils that help (avocado, sweet almond, etc.) the result is usually better.

I lifted this from the recipe section under "Henry's Owie Keem Eczema Balm" by Daniedb. HTH:D

Eczema Balm

30 g unrefined shea butter

10 g avocado butter

15 g wheat germ oil

15 g emu oil

10 g borage oil

10 g evening primrose oil

30 g soy wax flakes

3 g Vitamin E

Melt butters and wax together until liquid. Heat oils to approximately 110*. Add oils and butter/wax mixture together between 100-110*. Mix together thoroughly. Add Vitamin E and mix again. I use a mixer to whip it as it cools, as if it were whipped shea, but keep in mind that it's intended to be balm consistency, so it won't whip high.

If you prefer b/w, add sub it for the soy by 1/2 amount: 15 g for this amount. I package it in 2 oz containers to sell, but I have it in an 8 ounce container for Henry at home, a little goes a loooooong way.

quote.gif

I have some of this thanks to Henry's mommy. :D It does help my daughter's eczema patches a LOT!!

I must add though that hers don't get real painful like some, just really thick dry patches that itch sometimes, but are mostly just irritating eye sores to a teenager. ;)