Question about flexiblemolds.com

I bought one of the snowmen molds and then a large grubby mold from flexiblemolds.com and the snowman one has a slit all the way thru the mold and down one side. The other mold just has relief slits on each side.

Does anyone else have one of the snowmen molds from them and is it cut down one side? I am thinking this was an accident but I am not sure.

It is the snowman electric candle grubby mold. Well this one has a slit all the way down the side and the other large electric mold only has partial slits on each side (like a inch or so) and they are not cut all the way thru the mold.

It looks like it may have torn a bit too. I am afraid I wont be able to use it if I try to pull the candle out.

It is the snowman electric candle grubby mold. Well this one has a slit all the way down the side and the other large electric mold only has partial slits on each side (like a inch or so) and they are not cut all the way thru the mold.

It looks like it may have torn a bit too. I am afraid I wont be able to use it if I try to pull the candle out.

ok maybe someone who have one will know more in details

i have her large grubbie mold and it was slit on each side...a biotch to get candle out of it...lol

i would contact Ginger and ask her...she's pretty quick in responding

and will replace it if needed.

i have had one tear on me and with rubberband on bottom will keep it from leaking.

hope someone will come along and let ya know more.

Dani

Yea, the large one tore on me too. I just repoured for more and the rubberband is holding them together. I guess they have to have some way to come out. I agree they are a biotch to get out!!!

I am really frustrated b/c I thought these would be less of a hassle. Boy, no more thinking here.:D

I don't want to say hands up on Ginger at flexible molds cause she does make wonderful molds and i do work with her molds mainly tarts molds like annie one and mammy one and her sugar cookies...among others ones.

But i do want to say that bcgrayson here on forum, i met her thru ebay and she lives about hour away from me...3 hours when I GET LOST..LOL

but she makes the best grubbies electric molds ever!! and is very reasonable.

The materials she uses for her molds are the best and let me tell you

it only takes one snug and it's OUT...PIECE OF CAKE!!

compared to Ginger, I've struggled with her's and would have sucessful grubbies every 3 tries...lmbo GRR like i said a BIOTCH to get them out. it's only cause of my wax blend..i don't want ppl running away from her.

they works wonders with parafins...etc.

and i uses 50/50 wax in the molds. now with corey *bcgrayson* just to AWESOME!

Dani

I have heard of bcgrayson and her molds! Does she have a website or do you know her prices?

I am using straight paraffin and they are impossible to get out. I am having the worst time with them. The thing that makes me the maddest is that I researched on here and talked to ppl about who they liked b/c I heard such horrible stories about soapandcandlemolds.com and flexiblemolds came so highly recommended.

I did not think you could use a 50/50 blend with molds like these.

Plus, her snowman face is not centered, it is down towards the bottom of the mold so that made it crack coming out. Then they are not as fat as I would like them to be.

I cannot ever seem to get what I want these days when I order online.

I am not saying that these are bad and by no means want to offend Ginger but I do not understand what I could possibly do to get these out w/out breaking them.

DO you put yours in the fridge to set up?

Thank you so much for all of the helpful info. I totally appreciate it. I have had otehr ppl say to put them in the fridge but I was thinking that when my mason jar candles get cold they crack so I could not imagine that this would work. I am glad I asked b4 I tried that. Out of 2, I managed to get 1 that I can use. I have two more that are curing.

How long do you usually wait b4 you attempt to remove them?

Sorry to bug ya.

If you read the description the sides are slit for removal and the mold comes with rubber bands to hold it together. Never had a problem with her molds at all. They are the only kind I will use. I have the same snowman mold and that is exactly how it came. I have one of the electric grubbys that I bought over a year ago and it has the slits with the bands and it has had over 100 pours and it has held up great! Just give ginger a yell and Iam sure she will explain!

hey

have you tried this.......have it flat on the table...reach your hands inside the mold and outside of the wax and put your fingers to bottom and kinda pull it upward....

I had to do that few times.

another thing i did...is i used pam cooking spray, this was my desparate moments...LMBO

trust me after tryin to get 10 out and only have 4 sucessfull.

pam spray did help and did a difference.

oh i hope you get it....

Dani

I know better than to use cheap wax but I just wanted to try this theory and I used the gulf wax that you can buy at grocery stores. ( I know all of ya'll can save the lectures) I knew that I could not use my 50/50 blend for them so I tried this route. Besides the lady that I bought my electric candle from used this wax to make mine and it is wonderful!!! I dont know however what type of fo's she used. Maybe she used the cheap stuff on that too and since I am using the good stuff it is not working properly?? Who knows.

Ginger is great on customer service...you really should contact her..if she knows there's a problem and if by chance you do rip the mold than you have yourself covered...I have molds from Janet (creativegems) that I've split in two and they don't leak..I have also bought a couple of pillars from corey grayson..she's a doll to work with...I've been purchasing some urethane molds from unlimited and they are gorgeous in the photos but I have trouble removing the finished piece...I'm in the midst of menopause and I swear I am dripping with sweat trying to pull out a darn cupcake. Give me the old, oily pink silicone from days of yore..they hold up better than any of the new stuff...you can cut them, you can stick your hands up them like you're stuffing a turkey and they don't tear...I wish more moldmakers went back to the basics silicone wise..I know the pink is a bit oily but I'm finding with the new silicone they are hair magnets..either that or I'm going bald...lol..Good Luck..p.s. I also use straight parafin and I prefer pouring silicone pillars in wax better than a blend..on more than one occasion I've reached inside a mold to pull it out a bit and had my fingers go straight thru the pillar..so I stick with parafin whenever I'm pouring silicone molds.

I have an electric grubby mold from flexible molds, when I received it last year, it didn't have a slit. The words that came from my mouth were far from pleasant. Until I e-mailed them and they suggested that I should slit it. That made my life a lot easier. I have just been making some more electric grubbies for a craft show next weekend. My mold has tore some but it has made my life even easier, because I am able to turn the mold completely inside out now and within seconds my grubby is out. Just be patient with it and it gets easier each time you use it.

Pam F

Thanks everyone for the advice......I have finally gotten it down I think???

With cutting an extra slit in them, I am guessing with the rubber band on them that they wont leak? I will try that on the snowman one.

My only issue now is getting the snowmans face painted. I used acrylic paint and it peels off. I have gotten creative though by dripping wax over some of them to give them an icing effect. I am very proud of myself! I will post pics soon.