Wholesale/Private Label poll

CountryGal

Do you do private label or just straight wholesale?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do private label or just straight wholesale?

• Wholesale only...no private labeling
    • Yes, we private label

I have only ever had one person ask if I do private labeling....and I said NO. Reason at that time was I hadn't thought much about it and really wasn't ready to jump into trying to private label. If someone asked me now...I would have to think about it! LOL

I recently had this issue come up in my wholesale candle biz. It was of all people, the Grand Ole Opry asking me about it. Since my candle line is specialized in a western theme I was reluctant but I told them I would give it some thought. That was back in August and I never heard back from them so I figured it was a no go....until....a few weeks ago. They wanted to carry my candle line and agreed to maintain my labels. Wow i was shocked. I hadn't really told them no but that I preferred to keep my label but I was open to discussion. They started out with a relatively small order compared to my other accounts but I understand. I've learned in this business what works for some stores may not work for others. Just my two cents..

I do it for my larger wholesale accounts. I print my own labels so it is not a big deal. They email me the logo and I click it in. I don't see it as a big problem. I am printing them anyway. It takes a couple of seconds to change it to their log and I save it for latter use. I own the work and I don't give them the file, though. Some places are worried about having their cometition get the same thing so they don't want anybody to know where they are getting them.

I do charge for the tarts though. I have them made so they pay whatever it costs to get them.