First attempt @ Layered Soy

Gravity

Had the urge to start playing tonight, and since I've never attempted a layered soy before, eh.. why not?

The bottom layer got side-frosted really badly. I had the bright idea to zap it with the heat gun to make a perfectly level edge for the next layer to rest on top of.. clearly, that was a bad idea... :rolleyes2

The layers aren't perfectly level, but, again... this was my first try at layering 100% soy.... and basically did it as a learning experience.

It's 3 of my favorite autumn scents... the top is Pumpkin Crunch Cake, Creme Brulee in the middle, and Frangelico Streudel at the bottom. Can't wait to burn it and see how they blend together! ;)

firstlayeredsoygs3.jpg

Hmmm... these were poured and only set up long enough to be solid between layers... and they meshed well together. The only really ugly part is the frosting on the bottom layer where I tried the heat-gun approach.

The line between the pumpkin and the creme brulee came out very nice (albiet a little wavy... didn't get a perfectly level pour on that layer) and the line between the creme brulee and the frangelico is nice and crisp and straight... I might try the day-between-layers thing.. but I think this worked out fine.

What was the reason for a day wait between layers?!?

Not sure what could have made that happened. Sound like to wax was left too long on the heat. Sometimes if the wax is over heated, it can sound burned or just have no smell at all. I'm not sure if this is what happened to you but I sell layers all the time and they all smell great. Well, that's what they say.:cheesy2: Good luck.