What does this test result mean?

gmp

The wick was 1/4 inch, but the flame was very, very high. I thought I would need to wick down. But, I also had a tunnel. The wax did not melt to the glass edge. The wick turned ash white and did not mushroom. The wick did not burn off either, it is still the same height as when I started the burn. It turned ash white and did not mushroom. It took about 15 minutes to tunnel 1/4 of the way thru the candle. (The good news is the tunnel was perfectly centered. At least I got the centering right!)

What does this test result mean? I used:

16 oz mason jar

51 zinc wick

igi4630 wax

8% fo

2 dye chips

TIA...

The 4630 is a biotch to wick!!! I use the 16 oz mason jars and used 4630 and could not succesfully wick that sucker to save my life!!!!! The tunnelling is bizarre. The 51 is for 2.5 to 3.5 in and the mason jars have a 3 in mouth and a 4 inch base all the way around. I use the 60-44-18 when I use zinc. The fact that your wick drowned out is it is too small to cover the circumference of your jar. Also, it could be clogged..... but you said you only used 8% and 4630 holds up to 10%. Bizarre.

Wick up and see if that helps. If not then maybe your wick is clogged and your fo and wax are not working together. Hang in there.

What does it mean the wick is clogged? I'm not familiar with that term.

I hear what you mean about wicking up, but the flame was alarmingly high. I would think wicking up would make the flame even higher.

There was no soot or smoke during the test.

Country Creek, if you couldn't wick the 160z mason jars using 4630, then I don't have much hope for me! I may have to use a different wax, or perhaps mix the 4630 with something else. :undecided