Hot Chocolates

Thanks you guys, the pouring I don't mind it is the decorating I don't like. Hard to tell from the pic but these have a 1 1/2" green velvet ribbon with a silk bow on them, tying those little bows is not my things, lol. My daughter usually does all this type of stuff but she is away and things have to get done! (She did do all the cards for these before she left though.)

Wendy

Thanks you guys, the pouring I don't mind it is the decorating I don't like. Hard to tell from the pic but these have a 1 1/2" green velvet ribbon with a silk bow on them, tying those little bows is not my things, lol. My daughter usually does all this type of stuff but she is away and things have to get done! (She did do all the cards for these before she left though.)

Wendy

I hate doing bows, I am all thumbs when it comes to that, so if my daughter left and hadnt done them, I would be in deep trouble. Well I should say the big basket bows I do fine, it's the tiny ones that give me grief.

I agree with you candleman however we have sold hot chocolates done in various styles for seven years and the large mallows outsell the mini's, go figure.

As for the decorating and as much as I hate it ,no candle is sold from here in just a plain jar or tin. All of our works are geared towards a theme, season, event, style etc. and all are decorated or an appropriate container is used to suit.

Often we include, cards, poems, recipes, many things that add something to the product, makes them slightly different than the rest and our customers come back looking to see what is next, lol. Even our gift boxing is usually done up to represent the idea. Often times our craft business brings alot to the product be it scrapbooking, painting, claywork etc. so that really helps.

We couldn't suceed marketing straight jar candles, there is too much competition to make it profitable. This way we add more cost and time but we also charge appropriately for it. If they can't get it elsewhere, (or at least for awhile, lol.)

Thanks everyone for your comments, this time of year is a busy one and it is always so nice to hear positive comments from fellow chandlers!

Wendy

Love the candle, very pretty and different. Just a thought though, have you ever tried them with a sprinkling of wax "chocolate" shavings on top on the marshmallows? Although I guess when it started to melt, the choc colour would ruin the white foam - just rambling now. I also like your idea of the recipes, cards, that you include with your candles. Must take a lot of work, but I as you say customers come back to see what you are doing next and keeps them interested.:smiley2: