hurricane made with a napkin

dwarfie

this is the only one i have made so far. i found some really nice napkins at the dollar store so i tried to make a hurricane with the napkin going all the way around. it has some problem areas but looks awesome lit up. i scented the hurricane itself Mocha Espresso

post-2508-139458413323_thumb.jpg

post-2508-139458413326_thumb.jpg

thanks everyone :)

seaglass - now that you mention it, this hurricane is my 2nd one as the napkin did tear on the first one.

Very nice looking hurricane and the picture is great. Do you stick the napkin onto the outside of the hurricane and then overdip with wax? A few months ago I had a plain pillar and some very pretty napkins(serviettes) and painted the candle with Modge Podge and then tried to stick the napkin on. What a mess:tongue2: . The napkin wrinkled everywhere and for the life of me I could not get it to go around the candle evenly and it was a disaster. So just wondering how you do this if you do not mind sharing. thanks:smiley2:

thanks everyone :smiley2:

kalamazoo and scat - i made it like a regular hurricane. i filled up my mold with wax, waited a little while and then dunked the napkin in and wrapped it around the inside. it was a little too short so i had to cut another piece - it is overlapping a bit so i would need to measure it properly if i make another one. i don't make my hurricanes with an insert so it does take a long time to get to the thickness i want. this is a big 6 x 6.5" hurricane and i'm not brave enough to pick it up to put in a water bath. i use a water bath for the smaller 4 x 4.5" hurricanes.