NG Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Henryk

Has anyone noticed that their PCC from NG leaves like little balls of undisolved FO toward the bottom of the pour pot? This is the only FO I have ever seen this happen wax. (It would be very similar if you tried to get oil and water to mix). I just left those in the pot and was careful not to get them in the candle.

I'm going to place an order, but am hesitant to order this again this time around. Any ideas?

I too have made the PCC from Natures Garden and love it. I did not notice anything like you described either. I use 4786 Paraffin and used 1 1/4 oz PP and they turned out great and smell really good. Could be my favorite pumpkin along with NG Pumpkin Pie Spice, the pie spice is not as spicy as some others which I think I like better.

I have also used NG pumpkin crunch cake in paraffin J223 and noticed the

same thing. The oil seems heavy to me and doesn't blend well. I like their

sweet potato pie better. I have not had that problem with any other oils

from NG.

Snapdragon2 - How does the SPP compare to the PCC ? I really like the PPC, but would consider the SPP if its real similar. I have both SPP and Pumpkin Pie from KY and they are really different IMO.

ah-soy - please post back if you can on this.

I REALLY like the scent of PCC, I just have to remember to be careful when filling my containers that none of the stuff at the bottom of pour pot gets in there.

I love PCC!! It is a top seller for me.

My only advice about this oil, is that it is super heavy. I heat my C-3 or 415 to 185, add the oil, and stir, stir stir. If I am not careful with the temp, the wax and oil just wont bond. It is my hardest one to work with. I think its worth it though!! I have seen floaties from time to time, but I havent really paid any attention to them. I just figured it was crystalized fo. Funny thing though, I dont need to wick up with this. I use 1.25oz per lb.

hth,

Renee

I love PCC!! It is a top seller for me.

My only advice about this oil, is that it is super heavy. I heat my C-3 or 415 to 185, add the oil, and stir, stir stir. If I am not careful with the temp, the wax and oil just wont bond. It is my hardest one to work with. I think its worth it though!! I have seen floaties from time to time, but I havent really paid any attention to them. I just figured it was crystalized fo. Funny thing though, I dont need to wick up with this. I use 1.25oz per lb.

hth,

Renee

Renee

I just poured this a few days ago in C-3 at 1 1/2 oz per lb and was wondering how long you let yours cure before you get a good hot throw. I have been trying my hardest not to burn it yet so it cures enough. I guess I am hoping you'll say 3 days and dreading that you'll say 2 weeks LOL

TIA

Sandy~WI

Hi Sandy!!

I dont have the patience to wait 2 weeks for anything!!!!:grin2:

I have waited just a couple of days, and burned with great results. Some scents I notice do get stronger when cured for 2 wks, but this one isnt one of them for me. I have had great luck with NG fo not needed a 2 week cure time. Snowtop is another, Peaks, and JS backery scents all work great for me almost right away. I am venturing to try MC and so far, so good.

Let me know what you think!! I'd say burn that baby!!!:yay:

Take care, Renee

Snapdragon2 - How does the SPP compare to the PCC ? I really like the PPC, but would consider the SPP if its real similar. I have both SPP and Pumpkin Pie from KY and they are really different IMO.

ah-soy - please post back if you can on this.

I REALLY like the scent of PCC, I just have to remember to be careful when filling my containers that none of the stuff at the bottom of pour pot gets in there.

Henryk,

Ok, I'll try to compare these for you, but I suck at scent descriptions!

I find the SPP a little spicer oob, but it calms down in wax, really nice scent

throw. It smells like you are actually baking a SPP. The PCC has more of a

cake smell. They both smell really good, I just have trouble with the oil

seeping with the PCC. The SPP is a little sweeter. I use paraffin J223.

HTH