Monoi Oil...

Crystala25

IMO the unsented has one purpose, it's a moisturizing oil, you would need to add fo, while the scented has a dual purpose, you don't need to add fo it's already there.

So the question is, do you want it with the monoi scent which is awesome, or do you want to add another scent to it.

the scented from Lynn has no Fragrance added... you can even see a little Monoi leaf on the bottom sometimes... that's if the oil if from the bottom of the bunch... I've never used FCO but Monoi is virgin oil......

Have you used it yet?

the scented from Lynn has no Fragrance added... you can even see a little Monoi leaf on the bottom sometimes... that's if the oil if from the bottom of the bunch... I've never used FCO but Monoi is virgin oil......

Have you used it yet?

I don't know about them but I use it all the time.

Monoi is comparable to coconut oil (76 (or is it 72?)) - not FCO.

I get my monoi from Lynn. Gooooood stuff :D .

Jen

Yes to CO not FCO, however it works great with FCO. I'm lucky because my weather rarely goes below 80 and my monoi stays in liquid form. :grin2:

If it hardens just rub the bottle in your hands or under warm water.

The "scented" is "Enhanced" even Lynn's.

This info is straight from the producers in Tahiti.

Regular and enhanced have the same properties as far as skin benefits go.

Some suppliers claim that the smell good version has had an additional infusion of Tiarre blooms, sorry it ain't so! It has fragrance added

Lavida thanks.

Would I sub Moni for the FCO? Replace it with the same ammount? less? more? some mixture of the two?

I tried my first batch of whipped shea and it came out nice, used the flower butter recipe from SDF, but used all shea. I think I added a bit too much natrasorb because it is grainy, but it works so nice! It actually got rid of a dry spot on my ankle that I have tried just about everything on!

I am excited to try different varations on whipped shea. :)

Sorry to hijack, but where is the best place to buy Monoi oil? Been wanting to try it.

IDA there's a buy going on right now. Send an e-mail to ancientoracle@adelphia.net her name is Nancy.

I have bough this one as well as some from Lynn and from Bella Mia http://bellamiaskin.com/supplies.htm and they are all very close to the same.

ETA: Bella Mia sells Pink Sea Salts that are awesome!