Shipping Materials

mizbizzyb

I've bought mine from Staples, Ebay and then know people that are independant consultants for Mary Kay and Home Interiors. With these people I just ask if they can save peanuts or bubble wrap for me and they normally will. So, if you know someone that does that maybe you could pick some peanuts and or bubble wrap from them. I also do a lot of recycling of these things when possible when I get shipments in from places. Not much help but just some suggestions to get you started maybe.

Theresa

I save all of the peanuts and bubble wrap fromy all of the supplies I order in. I usually have 7 or 8 55 gallon trash bags full. I only get rid of the dirty-looking or smooshed ones and the ones that smell bad. For boxes I have ordered from U-Line, but I found them cheaper at a paper wholesaler here in the area.

I have a store (not soley candles), and we recycle our styrafoam peanuts by taking them to the local UPS store, because we aren't allowed to put them in our dumpster. As a store owner I would love to have people take them for their use.

So I would check in your area for smaller, independently owned stores. They'd probably be more than happy to save them for you, it would save them time and the aggravation of hauling them to their recycle center. hth :cheesy2: Stacy

I have a store (not soley candles), and we recycle our styrafoam peanuts by taking them to the local UPS store, because we aren't allowed to put them in our dumpster. As a store owner I would love to have people take them for their use.

So I would check in your area for smaller, independently owned stores. They'd probably be more than happy to save them for you, it would save them time and the aggravation of hauling them to their recycle center. hth :cheesy2: Stacy

where are you located? Is this a policy all stores must follow?

Hey Michiganrocks...I'm In Michigan:D ...what city are you in?

It's a policy I've adopted to dispose of the peanuts we have no use for, because my dumpster company doesn't want me throwing them in the dumpster. And I am sure there are other stores who would be happy to have people take their 'extras'...at times we can become inundated with peanuts!

hth stacy