Packaging Question - Updated

MochaMama

Hi Ladies:

How do you like the packaging? Since I color my lotion bars, I wanted the customers to be able to see the product. The only thing I'm going to add is a hang tag with my business card and a white sticker on the back of the bag with the description and the ingredients.

What do you think? Please, let me know the good, the bad and the ugly!!

post-4588-139458412418_thumb.jpg

I think it looks good. The only potential downfall I see is if these didn't sell right away. Storing them may make them mess up the bag. Other than that I think it's great! I love the colorful ribbon. It's very happy looking.:grin2:

Maybe if you were to shrink wrap the lotionbar packaging some? Just so the lotionbar wouldn't move around in the bag much??

I've only made mine in the deoderant (sp) tubes, cause you can put them away after using....but I still get everyone asking if it's deoderant :confused:

Other than that, I think your bars look great! And the ribbon w/hangtag with be nice.

Thanks for the feedback ladies - what I could do is move the twist tie down some, so that the bag is tight against the bar. I did notice that when I was moving the bar from place to place that the paper got "smudgy". So either I'll wrap them tighter (ugh!) or look at ::::sigh::: putting them in tins, which doesn't thrill me because that can be expensive and I am strictly small time right now. But, we shall see..

Thanks!

What if I packaged a round lotion bar mold (which I have) in a round tin with clear top, then put all that inside the bag with the bow? Is that way too much?

if I'm bagging up ebay orders I don't mind if I use a colorful cello bag as customers already know what they bought and seeing things clearly isn't a priority..so because of my seller name..I always use bags with pink prints...however for my retail orders my dba is comfortscents, I always wrap in clear cellophane bags so people can see which particular bar and colors they want..I do however, tie my bag as clost to the product as possible to avoid item slipping around and making white marks on the inside of the bag.

if I'm bagging up ebay orders I don't mind if I use a colorful cello bag as customers already know what they bought and seeing things clearly isn't a priority..so because of my seller name..I always use bags with pink prints...however for my retail orders my dba is comfortscents, I always wrap in clear cellophane bags so people can see which particular bar and colors they want..I do however, tie my bag as clost to the product as possible to avoid item slipping around and making white marks on the inside of the bag.

I think that's what I'll do for now, since the sale is so close. I've looked at lots of tins and like the clearview ones (and someone was so kind as to point me towards them on another thread) so that will be the upgrade packaging.

thanks ladies for all your help, I truly appreciate it.

If there's no water in your lotion bar recipe the tins shouldn't rust.

I'd like the look of the tins with the clear top, using a slightly smaller mold with a decorative top. Then put a shrink band on the tin.

That's exactly what I'll do when I move up a little! :D