Pillar that splatters and drips!

I have a friend who I gave some of my marble candles to. She say's that she lit one and "it was dripping all over and then splattered all over the place". I asked what "splattering" meant ('cause I know what I think splatter means) and she said it (the wax) shot all over the place and dripped all over her wood candle holders. I had made several candles from the same batch of wax and I immediately lit 3 of mine to see what she was talking about. Nothing happened for me, they all burned well. She places the pillars on a very high candle stand /pedestal and thought that might have something to do with it (I am sure it doesn't). She said the flame was very tall (yet she didnt blow it out or trim it right away) and she burned it for a very long time. (I told her to burn it for 3-4 hrs. then extinguish it & if she HAD to have it burning again, re-light again after she trimmed the wick).

The wax was 4630 and the wick was 1/0 (16 oz round seamless pillar).

This is also the same gal who said another one of mine tunneled and was "dripping". (I have yet to have my pillars drip- or splatter).

Any input?

Thanks!

Not sure about the splattering, but did she burn the pillar close to a ceiling fan or air cond. vent? The reason I ask is that a friend of mine said my pillars dripped everywhere. I always wick my pillars to leave a pretty good edge to them, so I asked if she placed it near a ceiling fan. She said, yeah, it was right under one! Duh!!

Pam R

I'll have to check with her about the fan/air conditioning vent. I really don't have any explanation to give her as to why the pillar splattered and dripped. (The way it was described to me sounded like the candle MUST have had some kind of wind-force blown onto it, to have that much splattering on everything)!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I got the candles back from my friend and saw how they looked: Pretty Bad! Instead of a huggin "inward", there was major "outward" lip??

Candle man gave me some advice on wicks so I pulled out all the old wicks from the pillars and put in 62z. Burned wonderfully, straight, no leaking over the sides, not splatters, great melt pool. I then tried 51z wicks and they also work well for the 3" diameter pillars.