If you're thinking of using E-Fax...think again...

ausimex

I just wanted everyone else to know how bad of a company e-fax is in case anyone has been thinking of using them for their business. Although their service was fine while I used it, if you ever want to cancel your account they WILL NOT let you.

I have been trying to cancel my account for two months now. I get on their online system (which you have to use because there is no phone number for cancelling an account, just setting one up) and they tell me "we'll give you two months free service" even though i've told them that's NOT what I want, I just want the damn thing cancelled. The first time they did this of course I forgot within that time period to get back online and cancel with them until I was charged again...so I go through the whole process again. Tell the guy i've already had a free trial, I still don't want it, please cancel it. He refuses and gives me another two free months. This time I remember to contact them within their two month time period and i'm told that I have a "corporate" account (which I never set it up that way) and that I have to call a special phone number that is open 24/7. Guess what? I call...it's closed :rolleyes2 So I leave a nasty message (cause i'm sick and tired of this now and I KNOW they are going to hit up my bank card again soon) and hopefully SOMEONE....ANYONE will cancel my account.

Sorry about the rant, I just hate it when companies do this. I will NEVER use them again because of this. Just a heads up. On the up side if anyone out there wants a couple months free just tell them you want to cancel your account, LOL. (ok that was mean)

can't you contact the company your card is through and tell them to refuse the charge? Is it a credit card or bank card? I would think you could get them to not allow the charge...I mean, it is your money. Try that and see if it works. Thanks for the heads up and good luck!

Yes, contact your card company....OR call the bank if this is the card attached to your bank account and tell them you have lost your card, you need a new one. That way e-fax will not have the new card number :) and won't be able to charge you any more.

Also, I don't advise anyone to give any one or any company acess to their bank accounts.....if this is the only way you can do business because you can't have/don't have credit cards, then create a bank account for those purposes only, then no one can get to your personal finances. I learned this the hard way too.

I used to think it was convenient to have things automatically billed to my credit card or debited from my bank account. But now I pay everything manually, by sending in a check. It's worth the hassle because I've had problem with recurring charges before, even though it was supposedly cancelled.