throw problem

I use 50/50. It says that is also is pre blended. Would putting vybar in it help? Is there another wick I should be sing? The candle burns great and I am using the same wax that I make my tarts with and they throw great just cant get the votives to throw really well.

I use 50/50. It says that is also is pre blended. Would putting vybar in it help? Is there another wick I should be sing? The candle burns great and I am using the same wax that I make my tarts with and they throw great just cant get the votives to throw really well.

No, don't put vybar in it.

Hi, if you are using a 50/50 blend, you may need a hotter burning wick. I use a 50/50 for my jars, and definately found I got a better throw using CD wicks as oppsed to zinc. Now, I've read on here that some folks have great success w/ this blend and zinc wicks, but I love the CD's.

It is also true that not all FO's WILL throw in your combo., unfotunately, no matter what you do...:sad2: You just have to test out ea. one...:rolleyes2

Vybar will help the wax hold more FO. But too much vybar will also lock up the scent. I know the package says 1 tsp/lbs. But I never use that much. I use straight paraffin (139) and never go above 1/2 tsp/lbs.

Janette

Goodness, I didn't know that...I've been using 1 tsp/lb. thinking that it was alright.

If you use a preblend, you probally wouldnt want to add any more to it.