Snowy Pine Cones

Carriegsxr6

Made some more of the wax dipped pine cones, but this time waited until the wax was at the slushy stage, then dipped the pine cones in and dribbled a little on top afterwards so I didnt have any leftover wax. Used a blend of Cargill C-3 and P-1 soy waxes, mixed with 12% FO. Mandarin Fruit Slices, Pepperberry and a touch of Amish Harvest. They should whiten up more once they have dried overnight. :wink2:

IMG_1553.jpg

Very nice! That is how I do mine also. I like them to look like they are loaded with melting snow. Makes the cost of a 'free' product go up. But----they are so-o-o-o- purty. Also, about one out of every four I sprinkle with the irridescent (sp) cosmetic grade glitter. Yours are loverly.:highfive:

Very nice! That is how I do mine also. I like them to look like they are loaded with melting snow. Makes the cost of a 'free' product go up. But----they are so-o-o-o- purty. Also, about one out of every four I sprinkle with the irridescent (sp) cosmetic grade glitter. Yours are loverly.:highfive:

I was thinking of doing this too. I have got three different colors in my makeup box that I am going to try. I may just go back over the pine cones with a heat gun to melt them enough for the glitter to stick.

Can I ask how many times you dipped?

I'd love to see the after 24 hour photo with the color change.

I've always done mine in browns & then tossed in a bag of cinnamon...but I'm lovin' the white!

I dipped them in soy wax which is very very white compared to paraffin. I waited till the wax cooled way down to a thick syrup stage, almost slushy and then dunked the pine cone in and twirled it a couple times. That was it. I guess you can say I dipped it once.

I remember years ago purchasing a fireplace "gift basket" that included firestarter sticks, match holder, etc. Also included were waxed, scented pinecones that gave off a colorful burst when thrown in the fire, and they also gave off a wonderful scent. I was never able to find those pine cones again after that. I wonder if I could try to make them myself now!