I'm too scared to make my label!

kdmorgan

I don't actually sell anything but I would like to make labels for the candles I give to my family. I know it won't cause any problems right now but if I ever decide to sell, I don't want to have to redesign them. Can I use any of the fonts in Publisher. Are there any places to get clip art that you can use in your labels.

Don't be scared to make your own label! I do mine. Now I know some like them and some don't, its just a matter of your own taste. I am sure that if you love it that is all that matters. :D

Just play around with a few examples and place it on CT and we will give you some constructive critisim (sp?). lol

Guest Milkmaid

I don't sell my candles either and making the lables has turned out to be almost as fun as making the candles. I use my Microsoft Picture It publishing program. There are tons of clipart to play with.

I use the name of the FO and just play. I print them out on regular paper and glue it ( I use a glue stick ) on. It's a super cheap way to experiment with a lot of different looks.

Sometimes I think creating labels and packaging is more fun than making the candle! Have you ever heard of Scrapbook Factory Deluxe? I got the program at Michaels(real cheap w/ 40% off coupon). I can not even begin to tell you how many thousands upon thousands of different ways to make a label with it. And its so easy to use! Hundreds of fonts, clipart, backgrounds, etc.

AmySue, what program do you use for your labels? I have print master gold and label factory...I got them both out yesterday but really didn't get anywhere with them. I've always done hang tags and I wanted something different. Any advice? Ginger

I have a Mac and I just use the Drawing program that came with my computer. All I did was play around with it until I got it to work.

Thanks sooo much for your replies. I really appreciate it. I have been messing around with it a little but I am worried about legal issues. I was wondering if there were any legal issues involved in using the fonts supplied with microsoft products when you sell your product.

Also, I wondered if the clip art I use needs to be paid for. I've seen alot of free clip art sites but they make me nervous.:shocked2: Looks like I need to check out some of the sofware you guys are using.

I know it doesn't matter much now, I'm just always trying to plan ahead.

• 4 weeks later...

I use Avery, Publisher and Word.. and I have to say I hate making labels. The design part is not too bad.. it is getting them printed.. they don't line up, there are missfeeds and about 6 months later I have a new idea :undecided . I hope I have all that behind me now. :tongue2: Now that I have worked out a few things I am ordering my circle labels and life is easier, before I was cutting them out. I still have to cut my jar labels as I use a 2x4 and the label is less than the 4". I eventually want to have a printer do them so went to a one color on kraft. If only I could find a graphics designer that would work for candles... ;)