Lavender Baby Soap - Slightly layered

SoapInTheCity

I was really pleased with the soft lavender color I made for this soap (from brick red and blue powdered colorant) I think it should go over well as a 'baby' soap. It is made my 90% Olive Oil recipe with Lavender Essential Oil added. I did not wait anytime at all to layer the top with the purple, I just mixed the soap to a longer trace so it would thicken up a little more.

lavenderolivesmallnz2.jpg

I've never had a problem with Lavender EO. I just love the smell of it in CP soap! I agree that CP soap can really hurt your eyes if you get it in there, maybe I should mention in a little blurb that it is not a 'no tears' shampoo/soap.......?!

If your going to market it as a baby soap, I would definitely use the "blurb". Being an L&D RN, I can tell you that some "new" mothers may assume it's "no tears" because it says "baby".

Just a quick question: does anyone actually know what goes in baby soap that says NO TEARS?

from my research, it is a chemical that numbs the eye...although, I have never had no tears products actually produce no tear so I stopped using them a very long time ago before I started making my own products