dumb question but

storm35

What do you add to you bathbombs to make them float and whizzz, mines are at bottom, ? I know that you can add stuff to soap to make a floating soap, this is in cp no sure about melt n pour?

Cxx

Citric acid makes my bathbombs "whizz"...sometimes they float and sometimes they don't. I don't know why some do float and some don't

I think you have to whip soap to make it float. I've never tried whipped soap yet, but from what I've read you whip air into it and this is what makes it float. I've never heard of additives being added to make it float.

Bath bombs fizz when the citric acid and baking soda together get wet. Mine personally sink, but I seem to recall someone saying their floated - I don't know that we ever got to the bottom of they mystery of why or why not.

Soap is a different story - to make a soap float you have to whip air into it. That's why Ivory soap floats!

Thank you guys, my daughter bought me a bathbomb from lush lol and it floated on surface, whizzing away and my ones i make, whizz at bottom, i do recall someone selling soap that floats, cant think where it was now, was just curious, thank you all.

Cxxx

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, :whistle: :laugh2:

I will have to experiment a little more, my old recipe seemed to float more than sink, but my new recipe just sinks. I will have to pull the old one out and do a comparison. But, also the ones I make now are really compressed and get rock hard. But, keep in mind, mine still don't necessarily resemble much of a bath bomb, since I am a newbie to them and have only tried to make them 4 or 5 times