BCN Messed Up My Order :-(

I've been waiting for over a week for my EZ Soy Starter Kit to arrive and it finally did today. I opened the box and inspected everything tonight. BCN packed the J-50 wax starter kit instead of the EZ Soy. I'm so upset! :cry2: I didn't want to use anything but soy. I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning to have them make it right and I don't want to have to 'eat this' or pay for all this shipping just because of their error. I'm already trying to keep my costs down. This is maddening! Their website indicates that they want the customer to be 100% satisfied...yet they claim that under no circumstances can "starter kits" be returned. BUT THIS IS THEIR ERROR! Does anyone have any experience with them shipping the wrong thing and what was your experience?

Thanks for any input.

Well heck, what luck, just wanted to say sorry that happened to you. I'd imagine that they will work with you regardless. Soy isn't really all that expensive, maybe they will just send you an equal weight of soy. That's what I'd do if it were my store and I'd say to keep the J50. That's likely what they'll do. We all make a mistake now and then.

Please talk to BC customer service before cutting them down. They are an excellent supplier. I have used them for over 4 years and have NEVER had a problem with them. Carole

Same here and if they do make a mistake they bend over backwards to make it right. Their customer service is awesome. They most likely will send you a new kit out immediately and then send a call tag to pick up the wrong one. I don't think you have to worry about it being at your expense. They are truely a good company.

They do have great customer service.

I order from them as well, and have never had a problem. They are very prompt to reply when you have a question, so I am sure they will reslove your problem quickly.

Sorry this happened to you.... I know how exciting it is to get started!!

aaah what a bummer. I hate it when that happens. feel free to come and post your experiences anytime you like, I didnt feel that you were ripping anyone apart, just sharing your experience.

BTW, I notice you live in So.Cal. There is a candle supply company called GenWax located in North Hollywood that sell Cargill C-3 100% soy wax. Lots of people on here use it and it gets good reviews. Keep them in mind for keeping your wax and container costs low since you can pick up instead of having to ship. I would still think about BCN/BCS for their FO's though, they are high quality.

I can imagine being upset, but not sure why you felt it necessary to post this without even talking to them first. I've never had a supplier yet that sent me a wrong item or missed an item that didn't remedy the situation ASAP. They're human too.;)

Thanks for all your replies and words of encouragement. It put me at ease while I awaited for a return phone call from BCN. Being new at this and having never worked with any of these suppliers, one doesn't know what to expect. I just saw an awful lot of money going out the window.

In following up, I talked with Carol and BCN and she's shipping me out the proper kit today. Yes, I experienced that they are wonderful to work with.

I can imagine being upset, but not sure why you felt it necessary to post this without even talking to them first.

Because it was late at night, I had just opened the box, found the wrong items, had no immediate way to resolve the issue and was asking for feedback on anyone's experience with this company in this type of situation. Is that okay with you and the person who accused me of cutting down a supplier?:confused:

Thanks again to all who took the time to post.

:)

Looks like very bad luck :sad2: . My order have always had a slip of paper in there telling me who picked and packed the order, and who checked it.

Got to say that I've found BCN to be great. They ship to me here in the UK and I've never had a problem. Always someone there willing to help. Give them a call, I'm sure they'll sort it out.

Boyd.

live and learn...it's just best to contact a supplier before posting about a mix up on a board...that way you don't have to go back and update that it was resolved...

Let me think of the positives in my posting this topic: If I were new and ran into this situation and didn't WANT to post about this problem but decided to do a SEARCH instead......ah-ha!!...I would find that someone else DID have the same problem. Therefore, I wouldn't have to post (and leave myself wide open to scrutiny and condescending remarks) because I found my answer.

Search is a great feature!

Finding an answering when doing so is a GOOD thing.

And I gladly posted the results in this thread so that anyone who ran into this similar problem would (right then and there!) get a sense of relief.

I always do a search for the info I'm in need of before posting questions. (If you notice, I've been a member for awhile with minimal posts). I make an effort to learn on my own from the pros here by reading posts and using the search feature. Reading has been educational, but, my goodness! Is there a full moon lately???? I watched another 'newbie' get pounced on this past week, too. I may be new to candle making but I'm not new to forums or the human race. As expected, there are a LOT of really nice people here (and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for their kind replies)....but there are also a few who just waste time and space with their 4th-grade-green-eyed-monster comments.

Life goes on........

:P

I order quite often from BCN, and they are nice and I rarely have problems. I did once order their EZ wick setter for single wicking and they sent me the one for double wicking instead. That kinda stunk because I had a HUGE order of 8 oz. jelly jars to make, and the multi setter wont fit in an 8 oz. jelly jar. I called them and they were nice, but they made me ship the multi setter back, which I expected, but they wouldnt ship me the correct one until after they received the other one. Needless to say, I got to wick 20 cases of JJ with an ink pen tube, cause I couldnt put it off for 2 more weeks. They did give me a credit for my shipping costs though. I can honestly say that I have dealt with a lot worse, and while IMO their CS is ok, GL has got them beat by a mile.

Let me think of the positives in my posting this topic: If I were new and ran into this situation and didn't WANT to post about this problem but decided to do a SEARCH instead......ah-ha!!...I would find that someone else DID have the same problem. Therefore, I wouldn't have to post (and leave myself wide open to scrutiny and condescending remarks) because I found my answer.:P
It's not worth being defensive. If a supplier makes a mistake, call customer service. Posting about it to make yourself feel better or to get reassurance before even picking up the phone just isn't the best use of the forum. If everyone did that it would be a huge amount of uninformative clutter. Live and learn.

Once when I ordered from bcn, they forgot something I had ordered. When I called customer service, they knew who I was even before giving my name because they had realized their mistake and were just going to call me. They sent out my stuff that day, and when I got it, the person who had made the mistake sent a little note saying "sorry" and gave me a chocolate chip cookie. Nice.

I personally find it helpful to post about suppliers, weather it is about their mistakes or great service.

Trust me there are a lot of other threads on here that totally bash other suppliers and people have been very grateful of the posts. I think Bitter Creek has a lot of favorite customers that are willing to stick up for them because they do have great customer service and people know them personally.

However, they do make mistakes and people have every right to point them out just like they do with other suppliers.

I am sure BitterCreek will still be in business and pointing out there mistakes will actually help them to do better rather than hurt them. (Being in the business of Customer Survey's and Customer Satisfaction, I know that customer opinions either good or bad can only help the business do better)

I personally find it helpful to post about suppliers, weather it is about their mistakes or great service.

I agree, but it should be posted AFTER contact has been made with the supplier. In any situation, you would be required to contact the other party, so why not do that, and then post the experience?? :)

Good luck with your started kit. BUT you may what to look else where for your soy wax....being so far away from them.

I am one state over and was ordering way over 200 pounds of wax per month, that should have had the hundred weight discount..... I sure didn't see it. I was paying OVER 20 dollars a case for shipping.

I will still order a few of my FO's from them (because they do have some good, unique ones) but they are losing my business on wax and other things due to inflated shipping costs..... Found a company a FEW states over with shipping almost half the price.

HTH

good luck!

Is there a full moon lately???? I watched another 'newbie' get pounced on this past week, too. I may be new to candle making but I'm not new to forums or the human race. As expected, there are a LOT of really nice people here (and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for their kind replies)....but there are also a few who just waste time and space with their 4th-grade-green-eyed-monster comments.

Life goes on........

:P

no where did i pounce on you, nor do i act like a 4th grader wasting time and space...i've been around for many years on the boards. like i said..it's a live and learn experience, just like making candles etc...