Soap with silk

Carrie

I was lucky enough to have a great soaper send me a couple bars of soap. One bar was what I presume was the regular recipe without silk. It has great bubbles and lathers nicely. (It also smells devine) The second soap was made with silk. This soap bubbles well but lathers incredibly well. It was amazing to see the difference the soaps with and without the silk. Anyone that wonders what the silk does for a bar of soap, try it next to the exact same soap made before you started using silk.

I was lucky enough to have a great soaper send me a couple bars of soap. One bar was what I presume was the regular recipe without silk. It has great bubbles and lathers nicely. (It also smells devine) The second soap was made with silk. This soap bubbles well but lathers incredibly well. It was amazing to see the difference the soaps with and without the silk. Anyone that wonders what the silk does for a bar of soap, try it next to the exact same soap made before you started using silk.

Was that the soap I sent you Carrie? If so, I am glad you liked it. :yay: And yes you would be correct; one bar had silk and one bar did not. I can definately tell the difference. The soap with silk has a much smoother and softer lather than without.

Ladysg - I just use a pinch of silk in each recipe. I love what the silk does.

LOL...Yes Meridith, it was your soap. I knew there was a difference when I use the silk but I never tried it up against the same recipe without silk. I figured you'd know I was talking about you.

Thank you mbrown for posting the link. I've been offline most of the day.