Hot Sellers at Craft Shows

bcgrayson

Guest amynleebishop
Hi Mari! I use a 7 watt silicone tipped light bulb and a lamp cord kit to light it. No open flame. These are so easy to make too!

Please share the wealth of how you made those??? I would love to incorporate those in my show on the 21st!!

Please share the wealth of how you made those??? I would love to incorporate those in my show on the 21st!!

You need an electric candle mold. They come in many shapes and sizes. I make mine, but also have purchased them from Ginger at Flexible Molds. After the wax sets up, all you need to do is place a 6 foot plug and socket cord, up into the middle of the wax shell. Screw in your light bulb, 7 watt silicone tipped bulb for the grubby look, and plug it in. I take soy wax and make the tops look like frosting by whipping and glazing the candle. I also embelish with wax embeds for different looks. I use a pillar or embed or hurricane wax. Container wax is too hard to get out of the mold.

The idea behind this candle is that the 7 watt bulb warms the wax just enough to let out a subtle fragrance. You have the warm glow of the candle, and gentle smell of the wax, but no open flame. My kids have them in their bed rooms as night lights. I just love them. They look complicated but are SO EASY to make. Let me know if you are interested in more detailed instructions. I can send them to you via email. I also have a ton more pictures. Pumpkins, snowman faces, grubby loafs, cakes, and more.

What wax do you use that keeps the 7 wt bulb from melting it? Great job btw :)

Hi! I use a high meltpoint wax. embed, pillar or tart wax works great. I use IGI 1313 Translucent 143 pm wax. I get it at Candles and Supplies. I like the translucent because the glow of the bulb shows through the wax and makes the candle look like it is glowing. Have a wonderful evening! Corey

Hi Corey, I make those also. Yep they are a big hit or at least starting to get that way here. But can I ask how do you put the frosting on them. Just melt wax and then carefully pour it over them? Thanks for the pictures Christi

Thanks Corey....good to see you btw! ;)

Hi! I use a high meltpoint wax. embed, pillar or tart wax works great. I use IGI 1313 Translucent 143 pm wax. I get it at Candles and Supplies. I like the translucent because the glow of the bulb shows through the wax and makes the candle look like it is glowing. Have a wonderful evening! Corey

Hi Corey, I make those also. Yep they are a big hit or at least starting to get that way here. But can I ask how do you put the frosting on them. Just melt wax and then carefully pour it over them? Thanks for the pictures Christi

Hi Christy! I use a soy wax and then whip it until it looks like frosting. Then I use a spoon and swirl it on the top, I do a few layers so it looks like frosting. Super simple!