First Batch of HP Done

EarthScents

:yay: Well, I finally did it! My first batch of HP.:yay: Boy, is it hard to wait for your soap to cool. I've been fighting the temptation to unmold it for hours now. I am just worried about my soap because I think it might be too dry. I could be just worrying too much though. MUST LEAVE IN MOLD AND WAIT...

Hello all. I scented it with oatmeal honey and mixed with freshly ground oatmeal. Smells yummy:drool:

It's been 4 hours now since I molded it and it is a little dry looking on top and can still taste lye...I think it might be lye heavy but need to wait for the UNMOLDING!!!!!!!

I am officially addicted to soaping!! I bought a nice piece of wood this weekend and told my hubby that he will be making me a mold. I made his weekend I'm sure with that news. He is not understanding the addictiveness (I think that's a word) of it yet. I think it is starting to sink in though.;)

Well the soap smells great but it is too dry and flakey. I will have to remelt tomorrow and adjust my oils. I think i went too short with olive oil. I have a cheap WalMart scale that is not digital. I need a digital scale or a better set of eyes!

You may have overcooked it. HP can get dry if you cook it too long.

Hi Earthscents

Congrats on your first hp:cool2:

I love cphp, I'm too impatient to wait for cp...:whistle:

Just in case you are interested, I bought my digital scale at wally world for $30 - weighs in pounds/ounces and grams. I now do my measurements in grams since I work with small batches...usually around 3 lbs. Using grams to measure is much more accurate. I haven't had a bad batch yet, though I've only made 5 batches to date. Also, my stuff doesn't go into the mold if it's still zapping.

Dont' be discouraged. Hopefully this batch can be resurrected:D

Lisa

Hello Sassy and thanks for the info on the scale. Will have to buy one this week before my next batch. I think it might have been a mixture of too much cooking and a little too much lye. But I melted it down and added what I believed it was missing and I SAVED MY SOAP!!! I just cut it a few minutes ago and will try to post my pics.