measureing fo

Thank you I was trying to do it without buying a digital scale right now as my funds are kindof short i made some candles last weekend and my banana pumkin turned out very good but my hawaiian breeze has a very light scent and i used what i thought was 1oz on both by using the measuing spoons. I'm slowly learning though

I don't recommend the scale in the Walmart Kitchen section, but if you go to the business section where they have envelopes, tape and packing materials you can get a digital postal scale for around $15. I'm sure funds are tight but look at it this way - do you want to waste wax, wicks and FO making candles that have too much or not enough FO? One of the secrets to candle making is being able to duplicate it when you do finally get it right.

Guest amynleebishop
Thank you I was trying to do it without buying a digital scale right now as my funds are kindof short i made some candles last weekend and my banana pumkin turned out very good but my hawaiian breeze has a very light scent and i used what i thought was 1oz on both by using the measuing spoons. I'm slowly learning though

Bananna Pumpkin? Is that a good fragrance? I am always looking for new FO's to try for the Fall.:cool2:

Shot glass measuring cups like this can be useful. http://www.amazon.com/Dezine-Mini-Measure-Shot-Glass/dp/B0006OLBTY/sr=8-2/qid=1160195065/ref=sr_1_2/002-8771391-9498406?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen

1 oz by weight (scale) or volume (measuring cup) are different, and people say you need a scale. That's true if you're real serious, but a hobbyist can get by just fine measuring by volume. It doesn't really matter because some fragrances are strong and some are weak and you have to adjust up and down no matter what method you use. 1 oz per pound doesn't mean anything except maybe as a starting point.

You can even use the tablespoons if you like. Just put in an extra one for the weak scents.

It may have nothing to do with the way you're measuring out your FO. I do agree that a digital scale is so helpful but also understand about being short on funds.

Just from the scent names it sounds like maybe the pumpkin is just a stronger scent and the Hawaiian breeze may be a lighter scent.

It could also be that the HB just doesn't work with your wax, that happens too.