Has anyone tried marketing diaper rash balm?

sandyrose

I'd love to sell a belly balm for moms with itchy bellies. I thought of a diaper rash cream too. I have sooo many things in my line right now I don't know when to stop! (That night be a whole 'nother post)

Just wondering if anyonehas had luck selling this.

you have to be very careful how you label it because if you make and "healing" or "treatment" claims it puts it into the drug catergory.

cheryl

I think you can get away with known to help with...

I would think this would not be a claim but a statement, then there is that fine line of what the FDA will & will not allow, for it not to be considered a drug.

Candleman.. I've have a handout of the ingredients I commonly use..

Like this:

Shea Butter - Commonly used in healing burns, dry skin, etc..

Allantoin -

• For the temporary protection of minor cuts, scrapes, burns and sunburn.
  • Helps prevent and temporarily protects chafed, chapped, cracked, or wind burned skin and lips.
  • Relieves dryness and softens cold sores and fever blisters.
  • Helps treat and prevent diaper rash. Protects chafed skin/minor skin irritation due to/associated with diaper rash and helps protect from/seal out wetness.

Cocoa Butter - Blah blah blah..

I just personally do not want to deal with anything pertaining to babies. People are often forgiving with big things if it is about themselves. But those same people are not tolerant of anything with their precious babies, and often this is rightly so. I would be worried about a little baby possibly having an allergic reaction to my product. Even natural products can cause rashes on new babies. My daughter was allergic to everything!

If you are really wanting to mkt this- perhaps if you marketed it for 'heat rash' or whatever.. towards adults. Maybe just quietly mention somewhere in the ingredients/benenfits about it being for Diaper rash. Let word of mouth be your commercial for it's Diaper Rash uses. That way they can get mad at the person who recommended it to them not you, lol. ?? Just an idea:wink2: