WARNING about Impact Manufacturing....

CraftyChris

Don't know what they think they are doing but I ordered 3 cases of clams, and got them 9 after 6 weeks, but hey, I got them) I'm in Canada, so shipping take some time, and can be a bit more. If I order from bittercreek, a few boxes usually costs me about $70 to get here....

Well, I get this email today... (keep in mind, i got these clams about 3 weeks ago.... and they charged my credit card $449.25 already....)

The Shipping & Handling including the duty's + taxes will be $643.87. The Duty's + Taxes alone were $250.12. This will be charged to your Visa on file. Please keep in mind, we recommend all of our customers to use their own shipping account with UPS or FedEx. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.

Be warned people.... this is not right.

I emailed them back and said I DO NOT authorize this chage, and to call me and let me know what is going on. If they charge my card, I would file a claim.

I am fuming!!!:mad:

Hey, I got my order 2 weeks early. Something is fishy there. It is possible that the chinese factory wants money upfront and they are nothing but brokers. But they should note that and stop pretending to make the stuff. There are 100's of US factories that can do this. Pay .05 more, who cares, the service there is HORRIBLE.

I blew up with them today!!

NOW, they say, "oh oh, I made a mistake, and it's TOTAL, so I need to charge you the $250 difference on your credit card..." Well, that's not what the email says!

Yes Ashley is my rep. I think I'm looking for another supplier, any ideas?? I get 3 cases at a time usually (so like 1800 clams...)

$250 is still too much for shipping. I just ordered a pie rack, and molds, and it was $17 UPS shipping from California to me. I checked the UPS calculator, and it says it should be about $117. When I asked Ashly, she says "shipping and handling..." I'm sure, i order full cases, your not countine, packing, nothing. Just slapping on a UPS sticker, and done!

Anyone have a bulk source???

I guess I'm the one on the short end of this stick....