My First Open House

Bev

I am hosting my very first open house at the end of the month. My cousin will be co-hosting, selling her original designed jewelry. I would appreciate any suggestions from others who have hosted open houses before as to how you have made your open house a success. Please let me know if we are on the right track:

We have flyers made up and ready to mail. The open house is scheduled for a three-hour time period. We are both offering a door prize with a value of approximately $35. To enter the drawing for the door prizes, we will have slips for everyone to fill out, which will ask for their name, address, phone number and email address (we will add this info. to our future mailing lists). We will be serving light refreshments and we will be offering "open house specials," will have cash and carry items, and will take orders for items as well. I will be offering fall and holiday fragrances, as well as my year-round best sellers.

Okay, let 'er rip! I'm open to any suggestions any of you have! TIA!!!

Sounds great! I'm having a grand opening open house in the spring. I'm moving and will be in a new neighborhood. I'm already trying to get the buzz out there about it.

I plan on having it the whole weekend though!

Friday 5-9pm

Saturday 10-9pm

Sunday 12-6pm

This is so people can come and go as they please.. no excuses that they are busy that day or time. :teehee: It'll be a rough weekend for me and the family but I think worth it in the end.

I'm going to have a laptop set up to let them surf my site and get familiar with it for future ordering and to show off my website.

Cash and carry, definetly

free samples, a giveaway-raffles-basket

Bring a friend get a free gift

a bag of goodies with the samples and cute little cheapo promo items with my logo and web address on them..

coupons for 10%? off first internet order for people who purchase at the open house

refreshments

I'll be selling B&B so I'll have plenty of soaps, scrubs and lotions by my sink for demonstrations and try-outs

I'm sending out a 'save the date' magnets about 6-8 weeks before and invitations out 3-4 weeks before. I get magnets and invites really cheap at vistaprint.com. Once you order from them, they keep sending you free stuff and great deals.

I'm letting everyone know that it won't be like a home party.. just really casual. Walk around look at and try my products (hopefully BUY them) I'll offer refreshments and talk to them about whatever products they are interested in. I'll have the whole dining room, formal living room and kitchen packed full of nicely displayed products. I'm inviting neighbors, friends, family, church members, and I'm sending my kids to school with invited to give their friends for their moms and their teachers. (shameless, I know) I'm also thinking about stopping by some local gift shops and inviting the owners... maybe some wholesale deals wll come of it!

Just some of my ideas. Good luck!!:D

I am hosting my very first open house at the end of the month. My cousin will be co-hosting, selling her original designed jewelry. I would appreciate any suggestions from others who have hosted open houses before as to how you have made your open house a success. Please let me know if we are on the right track:

We have flyers made up and ready to mail. The open house is scheduled for a three-hour time period. We are both offering a door prize with a value of approximately $35. To enter the drawing for the door prizes, we will have slips for everyone to fill out, which will ask for their name, address, phone number and email address (we will add this info. to our future mailing lists). We will be serving light refreshments and we will be offering "open house specials," will have cash and carry items, and will take orders for items as well. I will be offering fall and holiday fragrances, as well as my year-round best sellers.

Okay, let 'er rip! I'm open to any suggestions any of you have! TIA!!!

Sounds good to me!!

Just make sure that you have lots of stuff made. People really like the idea of taking their stuff home with them. But other than that it sounds wonderful. :) Good Luck!

Oh yeah, make sure you have lots of change!