B&Ber ready to convert

This may not be the easiest suggestion, but it's probably what I would do if I wanted to start with melts.

Get a votive starter kit from Peak (I believe they put 4794 wax in there, and that's the wax I use for my melts - not that you have to, but it's very easy to work with) buy a few tartlet molds, whatever type of molds you want your melts shaped as, and some quality FO. To me, that would probably be the easiest, HOWEVER, lol someone may come along with a much simpler suggestion than all that! lol

Welcome to this side of things. I started in candles, and ventured over to the b&b side, and now I just do whatever strikes my fancy on that particular day!! lol

Jenny, melts are so much fun to make! And SOOO addictive! We use straight 130 MP par., add a little vybar, and a tad more than 10% FO /lb. (I know, I know, but I love a killer, long lasting tart!):drool:

Good luck and have fun!

Sure beats wick testing, ugh!!!

Thanks for the help ladies!

Ok so stupid question but what is vybar?

Do you have any soap molds you can use as tart molds? It could save you some money starting out. Eg. I have some milky way molds that can also be used for candle making. Just a thought.

Just check to make sure the wax pouring temp is compatible with the mold type.

Do you have any soap molds you can use as tart molds? It could save you some money starting out. Eg. I have some milky way molds that can also be used for candle making. Just a thought.

Just check to make sure the wax pouring temp is compatible with the mold type.

Good point.. I will see what i have.. right now i am doing them in metal muffin tins!

I have my first batch in the molds now!! HOLY STINK you are not kidding its sooo addictive. and thanks to you all and Laura I now have my self some tarts made by me.. I am already thinking of what scents I want lol... woohoo... thanks so much you all for being such great enablers!

I love making tarts so much that I started selling them on eBay for cheap and I have 80+ FO's and adding more! This is just so I can keep making them and not accumulate in my basement. So far, it's working great. eBayers love it, too! I'm still not satisfied so I started making scented MP goat milk soap - talk about addicting also. I'm one of the ultimate scent addicts. The plus side is I lost 20 lbs since I lost my addiction to food ever since I started my hobbies. Welcome!:whoohoo: