B&B makers, do or have you done home parties?

sandyrose

My Sister-in-law has been my guinni pig for all my testing and she loves my products, she told me she she's been telling lots of people about what I'm doing and a lot of them are interested in coming to a home party at her house and soon!

I don't even know what I'd do except stand up there and talk about each of my products.

I'm looking for advice and insight on this. What exeactly do you do at a B&B home party?

I have done them. I pass out brief surveys that ask which scents are their favs, what skin conditions/probs they have if any, what is their fav B&B product, etc.....it also gives me their full name, address, and phone # and everyone who fills it out will get a free sample at the end.

I pass around my products individually while I speak about them.....they can try it, sniff it, ask questions about it, etc.

I bring TONS of everything with me- including a couple gift baskets. I set it all up on a display table. I have brochures with prices and order forms. I also offer a discount or free sample to anyone who brings a friend with them.

Hope that helps.:cool2:

I recently had a candle gathering at my daughters house 2 weeks ago this friday. It was a total success for me and my daughter. So far it has sold a little over 500.00 with cash & carry, refills brought to the gathering, and orders for pick up at a later date. I still hope to get more new customers & christmas orders. We played candle bucks with play money I ask questions and my daughter passed out bucks. Then at the end before they went "shopping" I let them buy 2 gifts I had for the highest person & 2nd highest with the most money. All the other guest payed me there money for a votive that away no one went empty handed. I also talked a little how I got started, when, how long,ect. Then while we were playing a game of " the test of candle knowledge" which I usally do at gatherings to see how much they know about the burn & care of candles( this helps to instruct people on proper burning too, without them knowing what you are doing)) About 10 questions in all. So actually there was almost 2 things going on at once which makes people really listen so they don't miss out! The paper they used was the back of a printed order form I had done in advance. It ask for info for later use too, name, addy, ect. I ask for a survey of what type of candles they liked to burn but you could ask what type of products they like, similar to fit your open house, I ask them to write this on the form so I could look later. Then we went shopping and refreshments and I sat at the table to take orders or answer any questions. This was my 3rd party in about 5 years.I only do about 1 per year but could probally do more. It is work dragging all the stuff you have and candles are heavy to lug. I guess that is why I tend to not do to many. I may have to do more though. I hope some thing I've shared will help some out there.

If any candlers want the things I ask for the test e-mail me at cabinlite@bright.net and I can see what I can come up with.

Blessings to All, Jane