Any one using C-3???

Newbie here, I am still having problms with the tops of my candles. Ive bought an additive to help so know I dont have sink holes.(finally) But now I have a circle crack and my wax is crawling up the wick. ahhh! I have poured at many ,many diffrent temps and just cant seem to get it right. If any one is using this wax please give me some help. Im begging. Im doing this to help out my boss and dont want to fail. And I feel like Im failing.:cry2: If any one would like to E-mail me to give some extra help please do hornermomof3@hotmail.com

Thanks sooo much.

Amy, I bought from Aroma haven and its an natural soy additive. Dont remember what it cost but it has helped with the sink holes, frosting and gives a smoother top. I guess I could live with the cracks but what I cant live with is the bubbles in the candle they are very very small but its a bunch of them together. Any advice on that??

No I doesnt look layered. And I havent burned it yet. Some of them have bubbles and some dont in the same batch. Some have alot some is hardly any. They look white if that helps.If you want Ill send you a pic maybe you can help from that. Cause i really need help.

Hello! Anyone please help, (advice) I am using C-3 Soy to make containers and V-1 for Votives. I understand that Soy wax is not as good at throwing scent when using 1oz to 1 lb. however they burn beautifully and clean,but they lack scent throw. Question: should I (and I will) increase the scent to

1 1/2 ounce, or do I need to use the Vybar which Soy does not call for additives. I am a "Newbie" and my people here in town want scent, good smelling candles. Should I turn to Paraffin wax to achieve the great scent throw. "Do I simply increase scent oil or do I need to add the Vybar??

Thank you

Soy wax IS great with scent throw, but you have choosen a brand that needs to cure for at least 2-3 weeks before you get a great throw. Soy waxes can be different, but should'nt need more than 1oz pp of FO. Try a different FO or a different soy wax if you dont like the long cure time with C-3.

With C-3 I heat to 155-160, mix in my color and stir in my FO and pour right away. I would say I pour around 145-150.

Sometimes I add 1tbl veggie modifier to 8oz of C-3. Here are a few I did with C-3, smooth tops, bright colors and no frost after set up. The frosting does always come after burning though and if they sit around too long.

post-763-13945840997_thumb.jpg

I use C-3 and what I did to get a better throw was increase my FO to 1 1/2 oz. per pound of wax and 1/2 tsp. of Vybar 103 per pound of wax. They smell awesome but I am experiencing cracks or holes/craters (whatever there called). I am thinking about switching to the all natural soy additive (http://aromahaven.com/wax.html) to see if that works better but when I increased the FO, the throw was much better. Hope this helps!

I use C-3 and what I did to get a better throw was increase my FO to 1 1/2 oz. per pound of wax and 1/2 tsp. of Vybar 103 per pound of wax. They smell awesome but I am experiencing cracks or holes/craters (whatever there called). I am thinking about switching to the all natural soy additive (http://aromahaven.com/wax.html) to see if that works better but when I increased the FO, the throw was much better. Hope this helps!

pour hot 165-175. i notice if i pour lower than that i get cracks too.

I have been using C-3 for several years and thousands of candles. I always use the ratio of 1oz to 1 pound and get great throw. Try heating to 200 adding fragrance at 190 and pouring at 150. I never have problems at these temps with my throw. If you still have bad or no throw get your fragrance from someone else. Your oil may not be compatible with soy.

With this method (heat 200, fragrance 190 and pour 150) do you get the holes and craters? If so, how do you deal with that? I'm willing to try anything that will decrease my time spent on reheating. Do you use the repour method?

• 1 month later...