Fragrance oils from Bittercreek

Joeysgirl

I know that fo's are different for everyone, but I was just browsing their site. They have the soy testing results posted. I've not used any, so I can't say that they are accurate. Lots of folks from here use them.

Their Pumpkin Pie Special is really nice. It's in the closeout section. I haven't been really impressed by their other scents, but everyone has a different opinion. Check out their testing results. Also, they have a message board on their site where people review their scents. Hope that helps!

I use quite a few from them in EzSoy with good results. Some of the ones with a really great hot and cold throw are

Mulberry - I hate mulberry personally but this one is headache strong.

Sissies Sugar Cookies - I carry this one year round and change the name at Christmas.

Creme Brulee - Just started this one about a year and half ago can't keep it in stock.

Plumeria - Real stong and popular but a little too perfumey for me.

Pumpkin Cheesecake - YUM - almost want to eat the candle when making this one.

I have never been disappointed in many all that stands out is Juniper Breeze too light to smell and Lemon Chiffon - smells like lemon pledge to me. :grin2:

Pumpkin Pie Special is actually a nice oil. I'd give it a try in whatever wax.

I've found some nice oils from BCN and BCS, and some that didn't work well at all in soy. They have such a wide variety, that I'd definitely purchase a sample pack or two to see if there are some scents that have been tested in soy that will work for you personally.

Don't quote me on this so if someone else knows more please jump in here but from what I understand they just started (maybe in the last year or 2) testing their FO's in soy so if this is true I'm sure it's b/c they haven't gotton to all of them. I do know that the ones I've bought from them that say tested in soy have done great in C 3. But now I'm switching over to EZ Soy wax which I'm getting from BCN, so I'm hopeing to get the same results or better. HTH Cindy/WI

I haven't tried their FO's only because under their FO list hardly any scents have been tested with soy and they have a big icon that says they test in soy. Hmmmm, not sure what's up with that.. :undecided

Cindy,

Why are you switching over to EZSoy from C-3, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm using C-3 right now and if I'll get better results with the EZ, I'll have to try it. Is that the Millenium soy? If so, I have about 10 pounds at home I'll have to try.

Thanks

Hey Joeysgirl,

If you're using soy, try oils from Snowtop. All of her oils have worked great in soy for me. Very strong! I also love Candle Cocoon and Peaks. I've had good luck with the BNL and WYW oils from BCN. Buttercream Crunch is awesome!

You won't be disappointed with Snowtop and Peaks though.

This is a must try - CC's Ooey Goey Caramel Goodness and Snowtop's Green Apple half and half - YUMMY Caramel Apple!!!!!!!;)

Sorry just saw this. The reason I'm switching from C 3 to EZ soy wax is b/c I've never really been totally happy with the scent throw I was getting from the C 3. Cure time drove me nuts!!!! I know EZ soy can take a couple of weeks cureing but C 3 could take close to a month with some scents. So I just throwing in the towel (lol) on the C 3. I'm still cureing my test candle with the EZ soy so I really can't comment on the throw yet. Hopeing to test this week or next. HTH Cindy/WI

Cindy,

Why are you switching over to EZSoy from C-3, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm using C-3 right now and if I'll get better results with the EZ, I'll have to try it. Is that the Millenium soy? If so, I have about 10 pounds at home I'll have to try.

Thanks

I am new, and ordered an ez soy starter kit from BCN. I got the package and 5 FO's were included...

Here are the Fo's in my favorite order:

Cream Brulee

Country Berry Hotcakes

Verbana Berry

Hayride

Basil Sage Mint

The Basil sage mint smelled like mens fragrances, as did the Hayride scent.

Who knows if the name was the actual scent, but the other 3 were pretty accurate!