8oz JJ

I hope I can explain this.I have started to test the 8oz jj,and I did a test burn today,and there's no hot throw.Not much of a cold throw.I was wondering if the scent could have burnt off while making them.I made one at a time,and it is only 7ozs liq wax,I heated the wax to 185,added 1/2 oz fo poured at 155.The wax being so hot with such a little amount of wax,that's why I wondered if the fo burnt off.It is the same wax,fo that I use for my 16oz apoth,and I have a good cold and hot throw.

Thanks,Anna

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well.I use J50,It was only 5.6ozs weigh wax,and 7ozs by volume,so 1/2oz is plenty fo,I thought.Tell me if I am wrong.I use 8%.I never have been able to explain myself very good.

Anna

I use J50 and sometimes use just a 1/2 lb of wax to do a couple of candles. I also use the 1/2 pint jj. I use 3/4 oz FO when I do this and have no problem with scent throw at all. Hope I helped a little! Dee

What wick and size did you use? Just a thought ... 16 oz. apothecaries have a much bigger melt pool than an 8 oz. jelly jar. Bigger melt pool = better scent throw. I'm assuming you double wick the apothecaries?

Maybe you have candle nose and need a 2nd opinion. Maybe your scale was off? Just throwing out possibilities here ... hth.