Does anyone sell Shea butters in their line?

Raggedy Dani

I'm curious to packaging size, prices, etc for shea butter lotion.

I'd like to have them in a jar....do you think 2oz jars are to small....

or would 4oz be to expensive...lol

help please....

i made a small batch of shea butter other nite and NOW i'm ADDICTED to them and want to share it and sell it on my site.

thanks

Hugs

Dani

I sell whipped shea butter in 4 oz. containers and no larger, because as was previously posted, a little goes a long way and you don't want the product going rancid before the customer has a chance to use it all up. I do add vitamin E oil to help stave off rancidity, but eventually over a year or two's time, they start to go "off" if not used up. I assume you are talking about shea butter with some added oil, not a true lotion (which has water)?

ETA: I sell mine for $6 and it's all butters & oils, no water, and fragranced with eo's. That's for a 4 oz. container; however, because I whip the product before packaging, it's light and fluffy and only 2 oz. of whipped butter will fit into my 4 oz. container.

Now my shea butter lotions are a different story. They are an emulsified (oils mixed with water) product and a different animal altogether. lol!

HTH

I sell whipped shea butter in 4 oz. containers and no larger, because as was previously posted, a little goes a long way and you don't want the product going rancid before the customer has a chance to use it all up. I do add vitamin E oil to help stave off rancidity, but eventually over a year or two's time, they start to go "off" if not used up. I assume you are talking about shea butter with some added oil, not a true lotion (which has water)?

ETA: I sell mine for $6 and it's all butters & oils, no water, and fragranced with eo's. That's for a 4 oz. container; however, because I whip the product before packaging, it's light and fluffy and only 2 oz. of whipped butter will fit into my 4 oz. container.

Now my shea butter lotions are a different story. They are an emulsified (oils mixed with water) product and a different animal altogether. lol!

HTH

Thank you so much for your info...yes it's shea butter that i'll be whipping and adding sweet almond oils and f/o to it.

Hugs

Dani

In my area, the 2oz and 4oz containers are the perfect sizes for whipped shea butters. They last forever, and really...I don't want to sell such a large quantity that the customer can go for a year before having to order again, lol. (AND the point about rancidity over time is a very very good one!) I use 2oz low profile jars and I can barely keep it made as fast as it's ordered. I'm actually thinking of discontinuing the 4oz because my customers think it's just "too much" (product, not price).

I sell 100% whipped shea butter with EO or FO for $10.00, I cannot keep it in stock in the fall and winter months, just started making it again since it is cooler out. Of course, since it is whipped I have to put 2 oz in 4oz jars but I do label it as 2 oz as required...