Embeding pictures in Hurricane candles

I have been making candles for about 2 months now & tried embeding pictured into hurricane shells like it shows here on this website. My picture keeps pulling away from the shell after i take it out of the mold. How can I stop this? Any ideas? I need new ideas on new candles..check out what i have done so far.

www.angiescustomcandles.com

Angie B:yay:

Try dipping your picture in hot wax and letting it cool before you insert it into the hurricane. Then hold the picture in place with bamboo skewers while taking a piece of ice to the outside of the mold and rubbing the air bubbles out with the skewer. Then take it directly to your water bath. HTH Portia

Angie, look under Techniques & Ideas to the left of the screen. There are good step by step instructions on how to make a picture hurricane. I just posted this info to Kelly,

"

Kelly, I started with IGI 1260 'cane wax also. It works OK for regular 'canes but I think you will have better luck with the Candlewic 5055 for picture 'canes with 1/2 oz of micro 180 pp of wax. Make sure your molds are spotless. Check the temp of your water bath. It does make a diff. Should be 72 to 78 degrees. What paper are you using? I have better luck with the HP bright white 24# paper. As you have already been told, practice, practice, practice! And then practice some more. I only put mine in the fridge for 5 min. I may have to shake them a little to get them to slide out. The hardest thing to do is wait overnight before trying to unmold them. It really makes a difference. Good Luck"

Maybe soemthing there will help you. Good Luck

Read what we all wrote to Kelly.....it takes practice. Just like anything else in life that is worthwhile...you have to practice. I know that it isn't always fun to keep re doing things, but that is how you will learn. I was watching my wax and finally it dawned on me what I might be doing wrong...just a little thing can make a huge difference.....One time there was a recipe in Martha Stewart's magazine when it first came out.....it was for bread. The recipe called for 2T salt......well....I knew that was wrong. It should have been 2 tsp.....I called the magazine and informed them of their mistake....no one caught it.....it was still wrong in the next month's issue. I am sure that people who tried that recipe never made it again.....just a little typo made all the difference in the world. See....even the big time people don't always get it right. Donita