Higher $$ Scents in CP

Kymber

I want to order some of the higher dollor scents for some of my CP soap.....Like a Few from Scent Works. I have which ones I want to try picked out but my question is.........how much do you use per pound of oils? I am going to give a couple of the MMS ones a try this weekend and they are recommending 1/4 to 1/2 oz per pound. I don't want to order a bunch in as I just want to give them a test drive....so If I ordered 1oz sizes I can expect to do how big of a batch? I know it is a matter of testing to see what works for you...or how strong you want it and all that....I am just looking for an average starting point so I know if I should order 1oz or 4 oz. I prefer to do about 3# test batches. TIA!!

Sometimes the co will recommend an amount - I always use an ounce pp oils on my first batch - after that I adjust as necessary!

And while oils from some places may be more expensive, it might be because they are more complex but only you can decide on how strong (or light) you want the fragrance to be.

Sometimes the co will recommend an amount - I always use an ounce pp oils on my first batch - after that I adjust as necessary!

And while oils from some places may be more expensive, it might be because they are more complex but only you can decide on how strong (or light) you want the fragrance to be.

Exactly how I do it. And I have also found that high dollar doesn't necessarily translate to high quality or "stronger" FO's.