Whipped Cream

Hi all!

Im trying to make a milkshake candle!! I need to do some whipped cream but Im not sure how to do it. The wax I have is a parrafin pillar wax, from a local supplier, so I couldnt tell ya what kind it is, but I really need it to look like whipped cream. I have to use a white crayon for the coloring cause I dont have any white dye. This candle wont be burned tho, its just for show...advertising you could say ;)

TIA,

candlelovr

Most wax is white so you wouldn't need to add coloring, but to get it to look like whipped cream means to pour some wax into a bowl and start whisking away. Some say till your arm falls off or comes close to feeling like it will ;) You can whip it with a fork or even use a beater on extreme low. Just wait till the wax starts to form a skin and then have it till you get it to the consistency you want it.

Yeah, I use a wire whisk and sit down in front of the tv when I'm whipping wax. It takes a while for it to cool to the point that you can start whipping. It's important that you whip it consistently once it starts to set up, and scrape the sides, or you have clumpy looking wax instead of creamy, whipped looking wax.

You have to choose for yourself what look you want. The wax can look like butter, thick butter, runny whipped cream, really thick whipped cream. The longer you whip the thicker it'll get. If it gets too thick, hit it with a heat gun for a few seconds and then whip it quickly to get the melted wax mixed in correctly.

It's a lot of fun, but it can make your arm pretty tired, depending on how much wax you're whipping at a time....

DanaE

Okay, don't laugh, but I'm going to tell you what I did as a teenager.......:rolleyes2

My mom had these great candles stashed away. They were just the greatest light brown color, and reminded me of a chocolate milkshake. I decided to melt them down and pour the wax into a glass and make it look like a milkshake candle. Well, if you remember being a kid and blowing into your milk with a straw to make bubbles, that's exactly what I did with the wax "milkshake", and it gave me the most authentic looking foam. It was awesome. I was even able to fool a few of my friends into thinking it was real. The only bummer was that the foam bubbles were very fragile, and after a few weeks they'd all broken down. It was fun while it lasted though!

LOL, Awesome! I would like to see what that looks like!

Well I finished the milk shake..its banana split..I cant post a picture, but its yellow icecream for banana, a layer of choclate fudge, then a layer of strawberry syrup with chunks of strawberry, then whip cream, crushed almonds and a cherry on top. It looks really good to me! My husband works for steak n shake, if anyone knows of that place, he's an asst manager. I made the shake for them to display on their cash counter and hopefully, if they really like it, they'll order one for each table :)

It was really fun to make it...everything is the perfect shade of yellow, brown, whatever..the only problem I had was when i put the whip cream on top, the strawberry syrup kept running over the sides of the glass, so I put it in the fridge a lil bit to harden the gel, but that caused it to pull away from the sides of the glass a lil bit. Not a huge deal I'd say!

BTW, i had to use real nuts for the top cause thats the only part I couldnt do with wax....how long do you think it'll take before the nuts go bad and dont look good anymore???