Have any of you ever used...?

Hi All,

I am a newbie and I am glad that I found this forum!! You all have been extremely helpful, so this is why I am asking another question...LOL!!!

Have any of you ever used the aluminum muffin pans or the really small cake pans that you get out of the store to make your candles?

I am looking at many of the molds that have the hearts and different shapes for tarts and they look like the ones that you can get from the store. I haven't seen any of the single ones for tarts but I figure that if I can get the same thing from walmart for cheaper then I will do that!

Please let me know. I guess it probably would be ok if you can put them in the oven. However, will they be easy to come out? I hope I didn't confuse anyone...LOL!

Veronica

I haven't used any molds like that but in the cookware section of walmart they have the silicone bakeware with rose muffins that I use for cinni buns and they have the bunt cakes one also. The rose muffins have six cavity and I pour them and right before they set up real good I take them out and I put in a wick. Or you can wait til they set up and then take a small drill bit and make the wick hole or use a wick pin before they are set up real good. Hope this makes sense.

HTH

Good thing my daughter doesn't come to this site but......

HeHe...I used her brand new 36 tarts tart pan!!! It is non stick and it makes the perfect tarts....Hey she moved, left me to pack up her stuff. So What is a mom to do? I know nothing......:cool: LOL

But I use a lot of non stick cooking items. They work great.

Specially that tart pan....:D

lesson learned...Never trust your belongings to a candle maker...

There are just to many things that make great molds......

LMAO Moonrose! I once told someone we needed kitchen appliances for Xmas so we could turn the stuff into candle equipment. That didn't go over terribly well ;)

I already asked hubby for a crockpot and a presto pot for Christmas....hahaha....he knew better than to ask if I was cooking!!!! He simply said "Sure...you want me to take it into work to modify it?" He gotta BIG kiss for that one!!!!!!! I guess that's why I keep him around!

Back to subject at hand....yes the nonstick pans are wonderful for all sorts of candle uses! mini muffin pans work well for tarts.....the cookie sheets with the lip around the edge work great for making thin "chunks" for votives....(pour wax into the pan...wait til its firm to the touch, but still warm and pliable and then take a pizza cutter and make strips, squares, you name it! you can also take a cookie cutter and cut shapes out...) the possiblities are endless in the kitchen....just remember...if things dont come out easily a few minutes in the fridge will help!!!

now the silicone bakeware is coming out in more fun shapes....it's wonderful...so easy to pop out and you can make some awesome "foodies" with them....check archives...some look better than the "real" thing!!!!!