Mango Massage Oil

mommyof1

My first recipe contribution! I made this a few weeks ago and it felt and smelled wonderful! I can't take credit for the idea of using mango butter, but the rest is from lots of tweaking and research:

Mango Massage Oil:

1 oz Sweet Almond Oil

1 oz Golden Jojoba Oil

1 oz Frac. Coconut Oil

1 oz Mango Butter

1/4 tsp Mango Papaya FO

Vit E oil from 3-4 capsules

This looks wonderful! I think I'll give this one a whirl..

Go for it :D Let me know what you think - I really like the way my skin feels afterward. I did not have any problems with the mango butter solidifying, but if you do, just warm it up a bit. I always warm mine anyway.

Oh that sounds devine... now where to get some mango butter and sweet almond hehehehe Thanks for sharing... :)

Well....Carmen (ebcandles) is running a co-op on SAO in the Co-op section, and Leslie (shutterbugg) just finished a mango butter co-op so you might contact her to see if she will have any extra for sale. ;) And you are very welcome - glad I finally have something to share!

Thanks for sharing :) I do have a question and that is which vit e capsules do you get? I have seen different strength (I guess that what you would call them). I do have the natural vit e from MMS how much would I use of that? TIA

Thanks for sharing :) I do have a question and that is which vit e capsules do you get? I have seen different strength (I guess that what you would call them). I do have the natural vit e from MMS how much would I use of that? TIA

Hi Diamond - the vitamin E capsules that I used are 400 IU per capsule and I used 3 of them, so there is 1200 IU in that batch. I added it because Vit E is good for the skin and also acts as an antioxidant to prolong the shelf life of the almond oil. As for how much of the natural Vit E to use, I really do not know. According to the MMS site, 1 gram of their natural Vit E contains 250 IU and the recommended usage rate is 0.10% - 0.25%. HTH

And everyone is very welcome - hope you like it!

Silly question when you make this how do you package this? in bottles or jars?

I do not sell B&B - just play and experiment for myself and hubby. But you will want to package it in a bottle to be able to pour it into your hand ;)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was told the vitamin E capsules are not the same as the vitamin E sold for bath products & cosmetics and that it would go rancid fairly quick. Has anyone else run into similar information?

try vitamine E anti-oxidant blend. Its the brown one.