Another Presto Pot question...

It's only 21 bucks at Wal-Mart - and worth every penny. You can melt six lbs of wax in a matter of minutes, compared to it taking FOREVER double boiler method. Presto pots is one of the best investments you can make if you plan to continue to make candles. IMO. :)

Totally agree! i don't know why i didn't buy one sooner! i have 2 now!

DH said when you make more candles, I will "let" you buy a presto pot! You have to know DH to know he already knew my response. DO you want me to order one online while we are talking on the phone??? He was laughing the whole time! Stinker that he is...he then said well you need more molds, I said no problem, I will buy some. He said when I get home, we will go to hobby lobby to buy some molds. I said no I want to buy some from on line! He said OK then! He is supportive, but he is a stinker!!!!!!!!!:laugh2:

HUH 2nd one for repour??

Can't I just make the wax in the one pot hotter for the repour? I just went from excited to confused:o

Yea laugh away people, laugh away! (I know I will be laughing at myself after I figure this out!)

UGG this and the Soap B&B Stuff my head is swimming!

I have 3 presto type pots, and use everyone of them. Because I'm Canadian, and Presto pots aren't available here, I got each of my pots a the thrift store in total for my 3 pots I have 25.00 invested. I just gave them a very good cleaning when I got them home and they work perfectly, actually one of the pots was brand new. So it may be worth checking out a used store first, if your not sure of buying a new Presto pot.

Pam F

HUH 2nd one for repour??

Can't I just make the wax in the one pot hotter for the repour? I just went from excited to confused:o

Yea laugh away people, laugh away! (I know I will be laughing at myself after I figure this out!)

UGG this and the Soap B&B Stuff my head is swimming!

This is how I do it. I have a one-pour blend for containers, so this pertains to my votives/pillars. I take my wax from my presto, put it in a pour pot, color & scent it. Then I pour it into the mold and save enough in the pot for a repour. Naturally it gets hard because it is sitting in the pour pot. After the poured candle has cooled, I put the pour pot (with the remaining wax) into the presto with the boiling water and reheat the wax to a temperature that is approximately 10 degrees hotter than my original pour, and repour at that point. Does this make sense? I don't color & scent in my presto pot. Some people do though.

Great idea. It all makes scents(:P ) now !!! I couldn't help the pun! I ordered my containers and will be ordering containter wax, FO and Color! I am so excited. OH I still got to get the 2 presto pots (I figured since I make pillars and will be making containers, get one for each type of wax)

SO excited!

An even better pot than a Presto is a Daisey. They're not particularly easy to find, but are larger, so they hold more wax. Look for a Daisey crock pot/deep fryer. The crock pot lifts out & whats left is a larger version of the Presto pot. I like the control unit much better also, since it's one piece and doesn't come apart. I have 2 of the Daiseys & 2 of the Prestos, all with spigots.

Trust me the Daisey is better.

Fredron