Introducing Myself

Hi all!

Just wanted to introduce myself after a year of absence.

I've been making soy candles for 2 years now and mostly do small weddings or special events and sell on an individual basis. Ocassionally I will sell them at small shops and have participated in Artisan Fairs and such.

I work glass jars, travel tins, votives and my favorite: recycled jars. I'm totally into helping save the environment and creating consciousness about our Earth.

I don't use additives or color to my container candles but on votives I do.

I'm looking to expand my business and get fresh ideas as well as make friends with fellow candlemakers.

Eventually I hope to learn to make other things such as: soap, lotions and scrubs but first want to feel a bit more confident in my candles.

Thanks for letting me in!

Monica

If you've been making candles for two years, you are not the typical noob. You may be able to pass along great tips to us! You can't really go wrong with Golden Brands wax, especially if you are trying out the new 444. It may not be pure soy but it is all vegetable, and other than some UV inhibitor you don't really need to add anything else to it.

Good luck! geek

I've been making candles for 2 yrs but it's been on and off... by no means do I feel like I know it all... in fact, I still have lots to learn. I've mostly been buying wax from candlewic and candlesupplies.com because it's the cheapest for me with the shipping and all (I'm in Puerto Rico). I've also bought from Peak. I am interested in trying out 444 sounds interesting!