A question about Presto Pots

I am going to try to start a candle business and I am quite fortunate to have discovered the low-cost solution that is the presto pot. However, I am not nearly handy enough to attempt making one myself. I'd like to just buy them ready with the spigot.

I was wondering if anyone had advice on the people who sell the best made presto pots with spigots? IE ones that have the least (even minor) problems. People who are reliable and fast.

Your help is much appreciated.

I just bought one from this person http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZcoppercreekinc

on ebay.

I can't comment on performance because I haven't used it yet, but it looks like it's put together well, and they delivered it to me very fast. They even gave me some instructions for usage. The person selling these is a candle maker herself, so she probably knows what works best as far as melting pots go. What I liked about hers is the spigot isn't all the way to the bottom, so if there's foreign objects in your wax they won't go into the pour pot. Also, they've applied some sort of sealant around the spigot that I don't see on other melting pots. I'm hoping this will ensure that there won't be any leakage.

I hope this helps,

Bonnie

I have presto pots with spigots and without. There are pros & cons to each. When you use the presto with spigot you do have to keep it close to the edge of your table/counter space in order to pour into your pot. You may want to consider not putting the spigot on there and using a ladle to scoop out the melted wax. Prestos are great, either with or without the spigot. Good luck!

i have a presto and deb right you do have to the spigot part hanging over the table i wouldn't take nothing for mine tho.

which hubby made mine for me so i didn't have to be out the price of buying one from somewhere else .but they are a life saver tho i think myself so much easier to use.

TRALALA,

Look to the left of this and click on Techniques and Ideas. It will tell you all you need to know about converting a presto pot. I use one and love it but I use a ladle and just dip out my wax. It works great for me since I am not mass producing 50 to 200 at a time.