Has anyone had any luck with silicone muffin pans?

sandyrose

I use the dark red colored ones that Wal-Mart sells. I use them mainly for rebatched soap and if I have a little left over soap, say after making a confetti soap or other imbeds or planets. This one does not discolor the soap like others say they have had trouble with. There are 6 cavities in the mold, and finished soaps weigh right at 4 oz. each. You just push on the bottom of one as you are pulling down at the sides of the mold, and the round soap just pops right out! Love them!:grin2:

Sandyrose, so glad you posted this link--I followed it and ordered just what I've been looking for (hopefully) in the stores, and it was on clearance.

Yes, I much prefer silicone to the "regular" soap molds--I'm making about 30 soaps now using a 3-cavity clear soap mold and having a terrible time demolding the soaps. The silicone just peels right off.

I've been looking for a silicone mini-loaf mold that I hope will be a normal bar-soap size, so that's what I just ordered from this site. Wish I could have found it in the store to actually be able to check the size of the cavities, but it looks just righ.

HTH,

Jane

Michaels' once again ... they have great shapes! We've bought the flower one, the round cup one (like at Target) and recently the pumpkin one for Halloween!! Each are $10 for six cavities each. We've also bought the rose one at Wally-World - can't remember the price - makes beautiful rose soaps.

LOVE them all - work so much better than the plastic ones that won't release!

Now I've got to stop at the Dollar Tree! Thanks for that!! lol