For those of you with websites....

Hillary

I'm hoping to get a website going eventually but I have a lot to learn yet. Here is a (probably really dumb) question~ How do you offer so many candle scents on a website? Do you actaully keep that much FO on hand for incoming orders? So much to learn...........:confused:

Candybee-thanks,

Yeah, I think I could handle maybe 15 year round, maybe. I suppose you learn what sells and how much you need to keep on hand. What if you get an order that you can't cover? Do you just do some fast ordering and see if the customer can giver you a couple of days?

Candybee-thanks,

Yeah, I think I could handle maybe 15 year round, maybe. I suppose you learn what sells and how much you need to keep on hand. What if you get an order that you can't cover? Do you just do some fast ordering and see if the customer can giver you a couple of days?

I thought i'd jump in here....Most of times, with orders, on my site, I always ask for up to 2 weeks to complete an order, that way it gives me time to make them if I have orders behind it that needs to be completed, also time to reorder supplies needed, etc. Expecially around holiday times.

Hope that helps.

Hugs

Dani

Candybee-thanks,

What if you get an order that you can't cover? Do you just do some fast ordering and see if the customer can giver you a couple of days?

Usually if the order is large enough that you don't have enough ingredients to make it, the customer would have contacted you first to see if they can get a discount for their large order. While negotiating the price, you can also let them know approximately how long you'll need to get it ready.

I keep poured-up stock on hand at all times. If I get down to only one or two candles of a particular scent, I go ahead and pour a fresh batch so they will have a little bit of cure time under their belts before they go out. :)

This way I can fill website orders PDQ, most of the time. When I see I'm getting down to a few oz. of a particular fo that I keep in my line, I go ahead and place an order for more fo's with that supplier so that I never run out.

This system works well for me; I seldom have to tell customers I'm out of stock on something. Which keeps them happy, and me less stressed out. LOL

Good luck on your new website! :D

Yes Hillary, you can pull this off! I have never had a large order where they did not try to get a discount. As for small orders, it's good if you have a few of each scent made up ahead of time. It's a hassle to have to pour a new batch just so someone can have one votive.

Well, I won't have the Moose Poop (that cracks me up, great marketing though:smiley2: ) to worry about, but I can see that having stock already poured would speed up delivery time. Maybe having a notice posted about a potential wait time based on the size of the order would help cover any supply shortages. I'm starting to feel more comfortable with this. Taking lots of notes......

I keep poured-up stock on hand at all times. If I get down to only one or two candles of a particular scent, I go ahead and pour a fresh batch so they will have a little bit of cure time under their belts before they go out. :)

This way I can fill website orders PDQ, most of the time. When I see I'm getting down to a few oz. of a particular fo that I keep in my line, I go ahead and place an order for more fo's with that supplier so that I never run out.

This system works well for me; I seldom have to tell customers I'm out of stock on something. Which keeps them happy, and me less stressed out. LOL

Good luck on your new website! :D

I like your style. I try to keep stuff on hand at all times too but sometimes my pocketbooks says no!:undecided

I carry now close to 70 scents and yes, I keep most of them made up 3 deep. I also do shows so that is my inventory. I let the spring scents get down to 0 or 1 in the fall, but have what is needed to make them up if an order comes in. Just getting my web site up so not sure how much business will come of it. This is for my container candles, votives and pillars I do not keep everything made up, just what I take to shows. I do have on my site that I may need a few extra days to get a candle poured.. will have to see if my customers are ok with it.

www.sherolyn.com