Menthol Crystals and Pepperint EO in soap...

LaVida

I have an idea how to use MC in soap.. but has anyone ever done thing. I'm thinking I can keep a little of the oil out and melt the MC in that & add it at trace. I figured .5 oz - 1 oz of P EO in a 2 lb batch of soap... I really would like to use the MC.....

Just put your menthol cyrstals in your e/o overnight and they will dissolve. Yes, go light on the peppermint e/o or it can tingle your "sensitive parts" when taking a shower or bath.

Or warm them together in the micro for a few seconds and it will melt even faster.

There are many things you can do with MC, just use your imagination and have fun. BTW - Peppermint EO, Tea Tree Oil and MC are great in shampoo bars.

ooh thanks everyone... I'll do this this weekend. I'm making Foot Bars w/ pumice powder (in the Milky Way 5.5 oz molds). I made a few tests bars w/ 100% V coconut oil. They were GREAT! So Now I'm going to add the MC, P EO and Tea tree. AS co-worker wants cinnamon in hers ...uhm... I guess I'll put a tiny drop in it.

Now that poo bar w/ the P EO, MC and TT oil sounds fab... it's probably soothing to the scalp... add a little baking soda and it could be a clarifying bar. Mmmm.. I like, I'll try that.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES!! :D

Oh, I want to make a hemp rub w/ MC too... AND some vapor rub... Gosh I love MC... I've used a bit in the bottom of my shower when I was coming down w/ a cold... it knocked that mucous right out. (sorry, a little gross but it works).....

ok so call me dumb.. sheltered.. what you will ... but what the heck are menthol cyrstals? and were would I get some?

You can get MC from WSP or MMS. I'm sure there are other places, but those are the places I know of. MC is good to use in foot creams, balms, lotions and shampoo bars. They add a menthol feel and smell to whatever product you are putting them in. They are very concentrated and a little goes a long way.

Here's a linK

http://www.thesage.com/catalog/Additives.html?mmsID=15e7a684c21d9d2123160a3b077a847c

I just made a peppermint/candy cane CP soap yesterday w/ a little Peak's Purely Peppermint FO and Peppermint EO (as it fades in time) and THEN I threw my MC into the oils as they were cooling w/ no problems. The soap turned out perfect expect for the color (I can't get a red in my soaps)!

I informed my DH last night that I made more "Ball Burners" for him :D(as he got outta the shower after using a peppermint bar once and he said his privates were on fire~LOL :laugh2:.

Mayann.. that's so wrong *lol*....

I did add .3 oz of MC to .2 oz of P EO w/ 50 drops of tea tree EO..... I ran out of PEO - I JUST made it for my 2 lb batch. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Scent Cellar, thanks for the tip (because i was going to leave some of the oil out to melt the MC in, but now I don't have to) - the MC melted right away in my PEO..... I'd like to do a Vanilla/ P EO blend.. Vanilla Mint... mm, that probably smells great.

• 10 months later...