What's with USPS Priority?

scentsme

What's with USPS Priority? Has anyone noticed their slower than usual service? Used to be 2-3 days. Now it's taking anywhere from 4-5 days wich is pretty much the same as regular USPS! And are they discontinuing certain sized boxes? The PO had only 2 sizes available.

Post office just sucks anymore. Seems as though their "go private" to increase the service doesn't work at all, it just increased their prices.

My post office continually sticks packages in my box that I cannot get out. The back of the box is a fraction larger than the end I open. They always push them in tight (so they don't have to stop at my house to deliver) and then when I call that the box is stuck, they say they will just get it on the route the next day. They did it again last week with a priority package and I told them that it was priority and in response I got, "well that doesn't mean it is guaranteed".

I honestly hate their service and do what I can to avoid them. I have been through this with them six times and each time even though I have been told they have given the carrier a letter, they say they didn't know it was happening, so obviously they aren't doing anything.

I hate USPS too! All the packages I send take 5-7 days to get anywhere. And I ship in state. USPS doesn't care, when I tried to call them to complain the Post Master just says this is their busy season, and there really isn't anything that can be done. :undecided What!!! Even when I get my packages they are crunched in the corners like someone has been throwing them around like footballs. If I can send it UPS I will. But I have customers that want their packages sent only through the post office. I wonder how Fed Ex or DHL is??

I had a post going about this last week. Ground is taking much longer that it used to also. Have some people I ship to on a regular basis and it used to take 2 days, this last week it was 8 days-and the website just said electronic shipping notified etc, etc until package miraculously was DELIVERED on the 8th day. Never an update to enroute or anything. We too have people who really want USPS shipping because of cost ( and on my end when I'm paying shipping I like the least expensive also) but UPS has given us much better service. Not sure what to do.

Glo

I did get some boxes on-line and also some labels but last night noticed that KROGER (food store) has USPS envelopes in 2 different sizes.One is 99 cents and the other is $1.49.Would never thought a supermarket would be selling USPS items. I bet soon it will be boxes(in the bigger stores).They are the same envelopes but I guess when PO is closed good way to get one.I am always running to PO at the last minute for mailings.Several times to late they just closed.

LynnS