I'm getting a website!

Accents

Yea! I finally made the phone call to get my domain and hosting space! :yay: :whoohoo: They said it would be 48 hours before I can do anything with it, but I can start putting it on business cards and labels! Also need to start desiging it! Anyone recommend a good ftp client software? I don't like Frontpage so much, they suggested dreamweaver. I don't do html (well, I've never tried so maybe I could...just prefer not to). :D

Dreamweaver is awesome. I use it daily in my web design business. It's very user friendly. You don't have to know a bunch of code, it is also a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get.)

Oh man.. sounds like an infomerical.

Seriously, it's a great program. I'm willing to help you out if you need it. (Free of course)

Ginger

If you have never built a site before its much easier to go with predesigned templates.www.shoppingcartsplus.com has great service. Plus you can submit your items into google and froogle, and upload onto Ebay whenever you need to. Plenty more features I cant remember off the top of my head but I have used them for over 4 years.

I'm working on a website too, and using their (1&1) templates and I HATE IT! Sounds like I need to look into Dreamweaver.

I have quite a few of my client sites through 1&1. (I hate their accounting department.. gonna have to call them again tomorrow <sigh>) And yes, their templates are very limiting. I never did have much luck with them. Dreamweaver is awesome. I'm sure you'll enjoy it so much more.